Greetings from PA!

peteinpa

Hi, been a member on the FZ07 site for a while, I'm here because I'm about to pull the trigger on a trade of a 2015 FZ07 and a 2006 ST1300 for a Used 2015 FJ09 with only 1k miles on it.

Read through the "known problems" section and am now very scared!  Should I be? ST and FZ07 are not burning exhaust valve seats.

Hard enough to have 1 bike replace 2 but I want to downsize, and the ST1300 is getting heavier the older I get.

How reliable is the 2015 FJ09? 

• Thumbsup 1

Hiya, and welcome to the helpful and friendly forum.

I just got my 24000 mile service done on my 2015 09 and the valves etc were all fine. There is one user with over 200,000 miles on his. It is pretty renowned for the reliability of the engine. Bear in mind that people often only post on forums when they have an issue, and are not representative of the majority. You can find every make/model of bike a horrific piece of junk if you read the problems sections on their forums :)

And 1k miles is barely run in yet.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, It's only natural to feel a bit apprehensive about a change of bike, particularly if you like the ones you are giving up but I have no issues with my three year old example and would endorse and recommend the Tracer to any potential owner. (unless they were only 5 1/2 foot tall)

• Thumbsup 2

It's official, I'm now part of the tribe! Traded both bikes for a gray 2015 FJ09! I had the shop firm up the suspension before my test ride and it was great!

This bike is literally brand new, 1100 miles, the ONLY blemish is a tiny mar in the plastic over the tank. Going to be hard to match that paint.

I will be doing a 2WDW flash on it, but that probably will be it for now.  It already has a dark tint windshield on it.

Love the engine power, suspension, handling, cornering, roominess, (I put the seat at the high setting, I'm 6 ft 2 in.) and braking. This is my first ABS/TCS bike. WOW! I found some deep pea gravel and just hammered both brakes and it was impressive!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

Congratulations. And you were able to get the one in the fastest colours as well !

Now you are about to spend lots and lots of money on your bike. I love mine, and there are so many shiny things to treat it to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

Sweeeet!!  Congrats :)

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 1 month later...

Just got back from another ride, the more I ride it the more I love it! It DOES replace 2 bikes just fine. The FJ has the power of the ST and lightness and handling of the FZ-07. I had the ST1300 since 2008 and though it was a great bike I NEVER liked the engine sounds, kind of hated them. FZ-07 sounded great. FJ-09 at times sounds like an inline 4 and times a three. I LOVE the sounds.

I keep wondering how many more great 80F days like today are left here in PA. 2800 miles and counting...

• Thumbsup 1

13 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Just got back from another ride, the more I ride it the more I love it! It DOES replace 2 bikes just fine. The FJ has the power of the ST and lightness and handling of the FZ-07. I had the ST1300 since 2008 and though it was a great bike I NEVER liked the engine sounds, kind of hated them. FZ-07 sounded great. FJ-09 at times sounds like an inline 4 and times a three. I LOVE the sounds.

I keep wondering how many more great 80F days like today are left here in PA. 2800 miles and counting...

I was just up there in PA a few weeks ago riding, beautiful state you have there....welcome to the forum and the world of the Tracer/FJ. I won't wait quite as long for the valve interval, likely will do at around 20K miles.....peace of mind eh?