North Cali - Mosquito Ridge Road

Dirty Randy

Not for the faint of heart, no guard rails and massive 500+ foot drops. 

Mosquito ridge is a 44 mile lumber road just west of lake Tahoe.  Honestly one of the best roads i've ever ridden.  Incredibly fast twisty roads with great road conditions.  I think I saw a total of 3 cars on it for the 2 hours I raced around it. 

Not my video .. but gives you an idea of what you're getting into.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I grew up in Foresthill. Only ridden MRR twice though, both times were mellow two-ups. I think that's enough.

It's about as lawless as you can get. The road only goes to remote places. That being said, you can connect MRR to Wentworth Springs which is another absolutely fantastic road connecting Ice House & Georgetown. 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

Last year I met two guys at the parking lot next to the Valero in Foresthill. They had just finished their third run that day on MRR. I think they blew by me on the way back up on run number three. That's crazy.

I've ridden it a couple of times. I like Wentworth better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, koth442 said:

It's about as lawless as you can get. The road only goes to remote places. That being said, you can connect MRR to Wentworth Springs which is another absolutely fantastic road connecting Ice House & Georgetown. 

I like that road, but honesty the 11 Pines route over to Wentworth Springs is really where it's at. I do a loop that's folsom to georgetown to wentworth springs to 11 pines to mosquito ridge to foresthill to cool to folsom. It's epic.

• Thumbsup 1