Oxford night rider indiacators

Clicknow

Hi thinking of buying these but not sure of their brightness the description says 130,000 milicandle but that does not mean much to me, any help,thoughts would be great?

regards graham

https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/lighting/nightrider_streaming_indicators_incl_2_resistors/

Edited by Clicknow

I've seen similar ones (not those specific models) and can say they are very dim. So dim that I would not recommend putting them on if you care about safety.  If you don't care if they are visible but only how cool they look then go for it.

7 hours ago, ucwinters said:

This is what I used on my Tracer 900 GT - not dim at all.

36980_sequential-led-indicators-for-yama

This pair of LED indicators featuring high visibility scrolling light will...

Are these signal only?  The oem fronts are running and signals...

5 hours ago, mellow said:

Are these signal only?  The oem fronts are running and signals...

Yes, they are signal only.  To make myself be seen, I always run the headlights on bright during the day and also run my Clearwater Darla lights w/ the yellow filter lens covers.

Ed W.

Edited by ucwinters

3 minutes ago, ucwinters said:

Yes, they are signal only.  To make myself be seen, I always run the headlights on bright during the day and also run my Clearwater Darla lights w/ the yellow filter lens covers.

Ed W.

Thanks, I don't run brights during the day but did add some led running/signals to handguards and rad guard. 

IMG_20191016_174632.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Which lights did you add to the hand guards?  They look nice.  Noticed on my last bike that when I added LED aux lights people noticed me more, prior to that had gone to running brights pretty much all the time.  With the Tracer GT I'll turn on brights when approaching intersections and cars wanting to pull out.  The other day was on scooter, went around a right hand turn from on street to another.  I wasn't going slow, lady pulled out right in front of me, turning to her left and across my lane.  I nailed the brakes and stopped very easily - for a moment she had a total look of panic and almost stopped but hit the gas and went on.  I practice stopping on the scooter at neighborhood stop signs.  It stops quickly but doesn't have ABS and is not super difficult to lock up rear wheel but generally well behaved.  Thinking what would I do and practice stops helped as I didn't have much time to react.  As for the lady I'm sure it took her a few minutes to calm down.  

Edited by PhotoAl

Look similar to the ones I had on my previous bike.  They were red - used for taillight using PWM to go from running to bright for stop light.  They worked really well and stuck on with no problems thru lots of miles in dry hot and cold and rain.

17 hours ago, ucwinters said:

This is what I used on my Tracer 900 GT - not dim at all.

36980_sequential-led-indicators-for-yama

This pair of LED indicators featuring high visibility scrolling light will...

I have the same ones on my Tracy. Looks beter then the original ones, and they are a lot brighter then the bulb indicators.

I only replaced the blinker relais for one that is suitable for LED blinkers. Didn't want to put in the resistors that came with the blinkers.

• Thumbsup 1