Dunlop Motorcycle Tire Rebate thru 11/30

I just ordered my new Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires.  The rebate is good through 11/30.  If you buy just the tires, the rebate is $40.  If you get anything else done as part of purchasing the tires, like installation, balancing, etc. then the rebate goes up to $60.  

The rebate website is https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/experience/promotions/

I advise you to check to ensure the place you plan to buy your tires from, is one that Dunlop accepts for qualifying for the rebate.  For instance, Revzilla isn't accepted, nor is any other online source that I can find.  I went to Cycle Gear to check the price online, and found the tires were $30-40 more per tire than Revzilla's price...even though they are owned by the same company.  On a spur-of-the-moment decision, I stopped in to my local Cycle Gear store and talked to the manager...and she immediately matched the Revzilla price.  So I was able to buy my tires, from the store I had planned to order them from...and get the rebate.

FWIW, I wrestled with which tire to buy.  It was down to the Dunlop Roadsmart III and IV, and the Continental Roadattack III.  I like the Conti RA III tires very very much.  With the rebate, the new Dunlop RS IV tires were actually just a few $$ less...and I'll get to see if the newest technology has made a difference.  If no difference, then I'll go back to the Dunlop RS III...for a hundred dollars less, or the Conti RA III tires.  None of the others are on my radar.

I don't need tires today.  I probably won't need tires till next January or February.  But no one will have a rebate for months after I need tires.  It makes sense to me to get them in my garage now, and save a few bucks.  

If I run out of room in the garage, I can also put them in my living room with a sheet of plywood on top and use them as a coffee table.  I'm sure the wife won't mind. ;)

Chris

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
51 minutes ago, daboo said:

I don't need tires today.  I probably won't need tires till next January or February.  But no one will have a rebate for months after I need tires.  It makes sense to me to get them in my garage now, and save a few bucks.

I do the exact same thing when rebates are in effect, I always have a set or 2 waiting in the garage. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, daboo said:

FWIW, I wrestled with which tire to buy.  It was down to the Dunlop Roadsmart III and IV, and the Continental Roadattack III.  I like the Conti RA III tires very very much.  With the rebate, the new Dunlop RS IV tires were actually just a few $$ less...and I'll get to see if the newest technology has made a difference.  If no difference, then I'll go back to the Dunlop RS III...for a hundred dollars less, or the Conti RA III tires.  None of the others are on my radar.

Please let us know what you think about the RS IVs when you do install them.  I stuck with the IIIs on my last install, but I was curious about the IVs.

15 hours ago, daboo said:

The rebate website is https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/experience/promotions/

I advise you to check to ensure the place you plan to buy your tires from, is one that Dunlop accepts for qualifying for the rebate.  For instance, Revzilla isn't accepted, nor is any other online source that I can find.  

3 hours ago, micah2074 said:

I just bought front and rear rs4’s from revzilla. Dunlop said no go on the rebate when I went to apply. 

That's why I wrote that it seems no online orders are being accepted.

Cycle Gear matched the price with no hassle at all.  But I also made sure to walk into the local store to make the order so it qualified for the rebate.  Ordering online from Cycle Gear wouldn't qualify.

FWIW, my reason for ordering from Cycle Gear is simple.  I change my own tires now.  But if I run into an issue while doing so, I can take them to Cycle Gear to be mounted for @ $25 a wheel...if I bought the tires from them.

Chris

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, daboo said:

That's why I wrote that it seems no online orders are being accepted.

Cycle Gear matched the price with no hassle at all.  But I also made sure to walk into the local store to make the order so it qualified for the rebate.  Ordering online from Cycle Gear wouldn't qualify.

FWIW, my reason for ordering from Cycle Gear is simple.  I change my own tires now.  But if I run into an issue while doing so, I can take them to Cycle Gear to be mounted for @ $25 a wheel...if I bought the tires from them.

Chris

Thumbs up. I was confirming what you said is true.

• Thumbsup 2

Let’s go Brandon

On 11/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, daboo said:

I was a project manager.  :)  I find it hard not to plan ahead.

Chris

I worked in a long term planning group.  That's why I'm always thinking about my next bike :-)

Daboo, have you planned on your wife redecorating?  :-) 

I'm stuck on the idea of Scorpion Trail II's for the next tires.  Rode yesterday and really like the Power 5/Road 5 combo.  Have the suspension set where it is comfortable for me and I can push a bit.  

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Not a fan of Dunlops, please be sure to update us on these new tires.

I totally understand.  I had a bad experience with Avon tires on a previous bike.  I suspect they have changed for the better since then.

I've had RS3s twice...maybe three times.  They've worn well and the front did not cup.  I feel like the Conti RA3s are better.  But!...

...The RS3 and Conti RA3 are several years old by now.  The Dunlop RS3s were good...very good.  Otherwise, I'd never have bought multiple sets.  Nor would I have seriously considered them as the next set for my bike.  But the Conti RA3s are phenomenal.  It's an intangible feeling.  But you won't feel that freedom of totally committing to the corner if you don't trust the bike...and the tires that are the thing keeping you from sliding out.

I'm thinking there's a very real possibility that the Dunlop RS4s will be marginally better than the Continentals.  I'm hoping anyway that 4 years of R&D will make that happen.

Don't hold your breath on the review.  :)  I'm taking advantage of the rebate.  It'll be a couple months before I need to replace the Conti RA3s.  I have 10,000 miles on them now and they aren't close to replacing.

Chris

• Thumbsup 2

9 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Think I've seen that bike in WERA races.

Not yet, next season though! But I wouldn't be surprised if we've crossed paths at a trackday. I'm heading for Little Tally this weekend. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Not yet, next season though! But I wouldn't be surprised if we've crossed paths at a trackday. I'm heading for Little Tally this weekend. 

I did the Little Tally STT back in 2017. Nice group to ride with. 

• Thumbsup 1