First service costs?

NormR

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, NormR said:

What can I expect to pay for the first 1000k service at the dealer? 

That will vary depending on what your service department charges for their hourly rate and what they actually do.  Some report it as a basic oil change and check fasteners while others say that they actually had a TB sync performed, which will significantly increase the price.  When you call the service department they can give you a rough estimate for most services, they have a set time that it should take the technician.

That being said, buying 3 bottles of oil and a filter and doing the work yourself might cost you $50, and you become more familiar with your bike as a bonus.  An oil change is way too simple to be charged $100+/hour.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've been servicing my own bikes for years but this bike has a 4 year extended warranty that I don't want some dealer or Yamaha say is void because I didn't follow a manufacturers required service. Only thing I see myself not doing is synching the throttle bodies because I don't own the tool. I bought my 2019 GT with 800kms on it and its still got the original oil in it. I figure the first service can be done at the dealer to support the warranty and I'll see about the rest afterwards.

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, NormR said:

I've been servicing my own bikes for years but this bike has a 4 year extended warranty that I don't want some dealer or Yamaha say is void because I didn't follow a manufacturers required service.

I cant imagine that ever happening.  I have never had a dealership change my oil or anything except the valve check service but they do honor my Y.E.S. warranty when needed, I have used it a few times with no questions asked.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***