I have been smitten.

I have gone and done it,traded in both my yams for a Ktm 1290 superduke GT,I thought if i could have a tracer with the engine of my mt10 it still would not be able to take any weight,this new bike's payload is 243kgs so even though i am heavy it is meant for 2 up riding with luggage and the suspension is semi active,i have enjoyed my short time on here,i have luggage to sell to any members in the U.K. other than that,thanks to you all.

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yamtracergaz said:

I have gone and done it,traded in both my yams for a Ktm 1290 superduke GT

Congrats on your new bike, We all need a bike that meets our needs and if the superduke is the one well done, Its listed in the deals of the week section of this weeks MCN and goes on to say how astonishingly good it is and how it could be the best road bike you can get. Enjoy.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

...friend of mine got a KTM and LOVES the suspension.

Hope it brings you many smiles per gallon!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Congrats! Many happy miles!!

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member

Smitten is good @yamtracergaz!  Motorcycles are all about emotions and passion...  it’s not like buying a new toaster.  :)   

A sincere congratulations on the new bike, and I wish you many happy miles.   I’m eyeing a 890 Duke R myself (pending seeing how the Aprilia 660 Tuono turns out), so I may join you on the dark side.  Enjoy!  

• Thumbsup 2

Enjoy, I've looked at them from time to time along with the 690 but never got past that.  Would love to ride one to see how they handle, the electronics are superb.  LOL I'd probably get myself in even more trouble with one!

Congrats on the new bike, what year model did you get? I did the same thing pulling the trigger on a leftover '17 back in June. I got a killer deal on it and am loving this thing. I was expecting it to not be as comfy as the FJ, but have been shocked at how good it felt putting in 300 mile days. That sportier seating position somehow works for me! The power is addictive and I love the sound!

• Thumbsup 1