Yamaha heated grips

• Supporting Member

I was considering these before deciding to go the Heat Demon route. Just note these are shorter than OE grips so you will have to do something with the throttle tube and move hardware on the bars as needed (if you want to clean things up a bit).

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

I have used the Yamaha branded ones on a couple of bikes now, and they work perfectly. One of the first things I ordered for my "new to me" 2019 Tracer 900 but unfortunately they are currently on National backorder (or so my dealer said).

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, N1ghtr0d said:

Never heard of the heat Demon until now but I still prefer the sleek design on the yamaha ones.

Have a look through this post onward. They are just heat pads that are installed under any regular hand grip. They work very well thus far, although it's only been one spring/fall cycle. They are relatively inexpensive and can be wired to the bike's heated grip circuit (2015). I had Oxford Heaterz prior to that, and they worked fine... but I was unsuccessful at saving them for re-use on the new handlebar.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

You might consider Oxford heated grips. Before the Tracer, and the stock heated grips, lots of folks installed Oxford on their FJ09 for heated grips. Lots of information on the forum if you do a Wayback search......