Smoother gear changing - No clunking

On 3/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, Ride365 said:

Love the QS, odd that anyone would want to disable it? 

For me it just didn't feel right. When I would shift under heavy throttle you would feel a noticeable deceleration, as in it would cut ignition for too long.  I also had someone else ride it that was more familiar with the QS and he also agreed there was something wrong with it.

Hmmmmm that's not normal for sure, my QS has no lag or deceleration at all.....no way I could shift any faster/smoother with the clutch. Now I will say that I don't use QS from 1st-3rd as it's a bit harsh, but 4th-6th are smooth as silk.

5 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Hmmmmm that's not normal for sure, my QS has no lag or deceleration at all.....no way I could shift any faster/smoother with the clutch. Now I will say that I don't use QS from 1st-3rd as it's a bit harsh, but 4th-6th are smooth as silk.

I use the QS from 2nd to 3rd as well if I'm really going for it and don't really feel a difference compared to 3rd to 4th.

I've been doing the preload thing for a week or two now and I've gotta say that it's become my favorite way of shifting. It's just so buttery smooth. I love the QS for dodgy overtake maneuvers and traffic-light-rocket-mode. 😇