MY NEW TRACER FINALLY HERE! update

Well, if you havent read my earlier blog,  the first Tracer MY19 (new) that was delivered to me, fell over in the dealer's rep's trailer.  I left my Honda trade in there three weeks ago and paid in full two weeks ago!  Luckily they had one more non GT replacement at another location and after a bit of a wait  shes finally here!  This time I had a ride over and picked her up - not willing to try delivery.  The bike was outside waiting.  My sales guy came out and presented new  ownership for a second time, etc. and apologized for earlier mishap.  I asked him to grab me a Yamaha filter for my garage and he asked for my VISA card. I thought he might say- Ill cover it for my inconveniences but no such luck, and the stealership charged over $20.  Saddled up and headed out.  This bike is everything I thought it would be. With 0kms  on the odometer I didnt go crazy but could feel the amazing urge of this triple! The sound of the engine is almost like a huge electric motor reminicsent of the slot car days of my youth. The stability and steering are excellent. I find the seat comfy and I dont have much padding lol. The instrument panel may look old but its easy to read and gives tons of info.   There is enough wind protection for my use as  Im not touring,  I just head out for hour long blasts to relax and reflect on the simple joys a good bike can give you. The roads are still covered with silt and sand from our winter so no knee dragging and extreme care on corners needed.  I see new 2021 Tracers advertised for $17K here and dont know- how much better they can be?  For my use, electric suspension adjustment etc is superfluous. Exhaust hidden under bike is weird.  Instrument pod is hideous . Rear frame tubing looks cheap.   On that subject some of the plastics on the  new bike dont compare to Honda quality.   All is forgiven when the engine is started though, and I find the slipper clutch and tranny combo works great . Gearing is way longer than Im used to.    The PDI person left the left handguard loose and the seat was stuck between two positions and was rattling.    So there it is. All those You Tube reviews I watched ( lots)helped me decide on this bike as there are no dealer test days around here with 5 months of winter and Covid 19. Seems to be awesome so far!  Will keep u all posted.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Glad it all worked out for you in the end. Now get out and enjoy every mile of your spring summer and autumn riding.

^^This^^ Enjoy! 

'15 FJ09

Yup, stock seat is probably great when on a track, and the reason it exists for the test riders to get the best lap times.  Mine lasted me about 45 minutes.  I got the corbin because of the long lead times for others, and I'm pretty happy with it.   Nice that you can focus on this stuff now instead of only thinking about the damage on your first one.  Congrats on standing up for yourself and getting what you paid for. 

Like others have said , although the seat area is large there is a definite slope toward the tank. Everything else is just fine- clutch is easier than honda cb300 and grabs perfectly. I dont mind the old style gauges as everything is  in clear and large font. The centre stand was part of my decision to buy believe it or not , as storage and maintenance should be a breeze. Heres hoping weather clears up for weekend.

Seats are a very personal thing.  My stock seat wasn't bad but ran an AirHawk on it.  Bought a Bagster seat which is a little wider and so far it is good but think it need a little more break in for a 600 mile day.  I did 250 with no issues but put the AirHawk on for my 560 mile day - it was good.  If you want a true track seat I have the stock seat from my CBR600RR.  An hour was all I could take before it became uncomfortable.

6 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

Seats are a very personal thing.  My stock seat wasn't bad but ran an AirHawk on it.  Bought a Bagster seat which is a little wider and so far it is good but think it need a little more break in for a 600 mile day.  I did 250 with no issues but put the AirHawk on for my 560 mile day - it was good.  If you want a true track seat I have the stock seat from my CBR600RR.  An hour was all I could take before it became uncomfortable.

You run the medium hawk by chance?

The seat seems to be working in a bit if thats possible? My one hour rides are no issue so far.  Regarding the rest of the bike-the engineers have certainly mastered this engine/trans combo.  Gorgeous smooth power at all times. Ive never felt anything like it. Still feels a bit big but hoping I can master this beast!