Semiahmoo

daboo

The forecast was for mid-70s, so John and I took off north to head for Semiahmoo. I've never been there before, and the name sounded great. 

This is the general route.

ACtC-3fIiSoDWcJlGM1Pk9snOyNNw8fxB10xxeFk

As luck would have it, the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival was on, and we got to pass by some beautiful fields of tulips in full bloom, with more to come in a few weeks.

ACtC-3c3Z-I0EPGEkvSWelXKorXaGGDnTnT2t6qC

ACtC-3fOkrtrlqHbRvICcXkn8_L6hN5Y0fGEQTw2

ACtC-3eVplOdBnNKbSL0eAk3RSeHQ8IIJ3zltdaE

The green plants to the right are tulips, just a week or so away from blooming. It smelled pretty.

On the way out, to Anacortes along the coast.

ACtC-3c5DPF81-Z-LNyZLY3nsVKoO3J7ZiOS0skP

ACtC-3cf1BttWkRxhLvD5kIDM3pC-XwevE9Dz10h

Washington Park, Anacortes. We ate our lunch there and sat talking and taking in the scenery for about an hour.

ACtC-3eOWc5gvvclbBrvEZpiM57goUBhYVDVvWkl

ACtC-3cjJ87ZIJHKSdTyp9PUBu9vIi09CQtFSAP6

John, on a beautiful black ST1300.

ACtC-3fbM2Mu7shf5j8WWaDsAS3XmYq0K1WTFT7v

We got to the end of the Semiahmoo Spit and found out how some other people live. Funny, we didn't see the owners. I guess they were working to afford their toys. 

ACtC-3fmR5GdavnWdFEFCYRCvkLE3QM_CgsH2zSo

ACtC-3ezcwNqeABz63fY5sY2gRNoK-oIgusSPG3n

Chris

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

My grandparents lived in White Rock, BC, just across the line north of Semiahmoo, literally across the street from the reserve.  Beautiful part of the world.  I've been to Lynden, Wash, many times, and Seattle, too, of course.

Great pics.  Would LOVE to ride the shoreline like you did.  Nice n long ride with beautiful scenery.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount