Screen delete / super-short?

Hi folks.

Finally got my GT on the road today for a post-service shake-down. The stock screen must go. It's terrible.

Has anyone striped off the adjuster and mounted a short screen? I've tried searching but found little.

See attached image. I plan to remove the red, and mount to the green if possible. If not, i guess i'll just go for the shortest screen i can find.

gtscreen.png

On 6/30/2021 at 11:15 AM, GeeAndTea said:

Hi folks.

Finally got my GT on the road today for a post-service shake-down. The stock screen must go. It's terrible.

Has anyone striped off the adjuster and mounted a short screen? I've tried searching but found little.

See attached image. I plan to remove the red, and mount to the green if possible. If not, i guess i'll just go for the shortest screen i can find.

gtscreen.png

first thing I did when I got the bike home from dealer ,,,,Like  james I cut at least couple inches off ,,looks much better and no wind buffeting ,,I wish it was light  smoke 

19 minutes ago, GeeAndTea said:

I'm going to try the Puig Sport Screen (in solid black) - Much shorter than stock, still looks like it belongs on the bike. Should be with me in the next week or so.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 213739.png

I have this (in dark smoke) in the mail right now.  Yeah, the stock screen is awful, just causes massive buffeting and wind noise at your head.  

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bowlin01 said:

I put the MRA sports screen on, does the job nicely.

IMG_3942.JPG

Yes, a proper look with the beak.  Nice.

• Thumbsup 1