Sent my ECU off to Ivan on Saturday so I decided to Install My Black Widow Exhaust.....

CRFan250

Well, finally got my ECU out and off to Ivan for a reflash and I decided in the mean time, that I would put on the Black Widow full exhaust I ordered ahead of time (300mm canister).  What I thought was going to be a relatively simple job was a complete pain in the ass!  I generally dislike exhausts that have all separate pieces and this was no exception!  The quality of the exhaust was very good but getting it lined up without the collector hitting the oil pan was an exercise in patience!!!  i pretty much had to bolt it all up semi snug and use a shim between the exhaust and the oil pan and use a rubber mallet on the exhaust to get it to settle.  In the end The canister has perfect clearance and I have a bout 1/8" clearance between the collector and the oil pan.  Looks great but a one hour job turned into 3.  I guess for the money its a nice exhaust though....lol

• Thumbsup 1

So just a follow up on my bike with a couple pics.  I got my ECU back from Ivan today and got my bike back together.  Just came back from a ride and I am over the moon.  This tune is perfect.  A - mode is smooth, throttle response is crisp and the bike pulls smooth and hard all the way to red line.  All throttle snatch is eliminated and its just a joy to drive.  The exhaust with the baffle in sounds great....just loud enough to sound great without being obnoxious.    I absolutely love this bike!  Pics of exhaust, etc.

Exhaust 2.jpg

Exhaust 1.jpg

Edited by CRFan250
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

Good to hear!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

That sounds awesome. I'd like to meet up for a ride and check it out. Used up my farkle budget on suspension but an exhaust might be a good winter project. 

• Thumbsup 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ivan's works is peerless.  I sent him my Tracer ECU shortly after purchasing the bike.  I have a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 which has to be among his best work.  Not only is the throttle response perfectly smooth but there was a noticeable increase in torque and horsepower.  An iron fist in a velvet glove.  With the full Akropovic 4/2/1 and a modded airbox the improvement was drastic.

Dyno Run.gif

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 3

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

11 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Ivan's works is peerless.  I sent him my Tracer ECU shortly after purchasing the bike.  I have a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 which has to be among his best work.  Not only is the throttle response perfectly smooth but there was a noticeable increase in torque and horsepower.  An iron fist in a velvet glove.  With the full Akropovic 4/2/1 and a modded airbox the improvement was drastic.

Dyno Run.gif

Yep.....I had a 14 N1K and had his tune....all of his tunes are awesome.  Heck I have used his Jet kits and they have been nothing short of amazing as well!!