Bar end bolt dimensions

• Supporting Member

@vlink12c - Are you asking about the threaded adapter inserts that screw into the handlebar?   Those are 12mm hex drive, but if you don’t have one in the toolbox, you can get creative and fabricate a makeshift tool with a bolt and a couple of nuts.   

Here’s how I did it:  

• Supporting Member

Here is an old handle bar with what might be what you need. If so let me know and I will send it on. In fact I have some hand guard parts too if needed.

20220320_210035.jpg

That looks similar.

Here are my left (good) and right(bad) bar ends. I want to bring the right side to day 1. I have the OEM hand guard. The bolt on the left side is 8mm hex.

88E79B66-6943-4C50-BC38-8C0C6B6D2D79.jpeg

9AF99470-B4DC-4C58-9105-CBD383D7ED3C.jpeg

Edited by vlink12c

• Supporting Member

So it seems my part from a 2015-17 is different from your 2020 900GT. Sorry I can't help. Take the good one you have to your bike mechanic, he might be able to match it. This link will show you the part you need, maybe # 27...

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5b27c55587a8661118ea002c/steering-handle-cable

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/20/2022 at 11:06 PM, vlink12c said:

9AF99470-B4DC-4C58-9105-CBD383D7ED3C.jpeg

So, this picture is what I need some confirmation on about removing. 

I’ve taken the hand guards off my 2019 GT and want to go with bar ends/ bar end mirrors. I just want to make sure the black piece that has a 14mm female hex is to be removed. I can’t see enough inside the grip end to make sure it is just in snug with Loctite. 

{edit} bit the bullet and put the 14mm in it and broke it loose. Now I have bar end mirrors finally.

A01EF7B4-04EF-4F96-B186-D9B928DDFA38.thumb.jpeg.28d5296323dab6ea3f76519e23669325.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Hey did you get this figured out? I finally finished my bar swap *today*, by installing the handguards. I had to tap the bar ends for the part you indicate, They came off the stock bars real easy.

If you still need help, let me know. Otherwise show me the bar end mirrors. That is such a cool idea. 

• Premium Member

Yes, I got it figured out and ended up not liking the bar end set up on the Tracer for whatever reason. I went back to OEM within a week. 
So now I have brand new bar ends sitting in the box gathering dust. I already have a set on my Monster or I’d put them on it. 

8 hours ago, 3sum said:

Yes, I got it figured out and ended up not liking the bar end set up on the Tracer for whatever reason. I went back to OEM within a week. 
So now I have brand new bar ends sitting in the box gathering dust. I already have a set on my Monster or I’d put them on it. 

Was your dislike for the bar end mirrors functional or aesthetic? Do you have a pic of it? I am interested in this setup, but reluctant to pull the trigger due to the cost. 

• Premium Member

It was more aesthetic than anything else. I looked for a picture yesterday but can’t find any. I guess I didn’t take any of it. 

• Thumbsup 1