Spiegler brake lines and speedbleader's installed

so I installed my spiegler SS brake lines (2019 GT) and installed speedbleeders on front and rear calipers.  Brake bleed done.  I have two drain bottles for the speedbleeders, so I can do both front calipers at the same time.  feedback is good, not what I want eventually, but I will ride the bike as is, let the heat and usage wear in the brake lines and then do a another good bleed and system should be 100% good to go.  Very happy with this upgrade.

Next winter will be 320mm rotor upgrade.

Edited by Rdecae81
spell check
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

To properly bleed the brakes on your 2019 900GT you need to run the ABS pump. That way you get all the old fluid out and the air that entered the system when you hade it opened up.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

15 hours ago, Rdecae81 said:

I  confirmed the speedbleeder model numbers with speedbleeder USA.  for a 2019 Tracer GT

Front……left SB8125L

Front......right SB8125LL (notice the extra L)

Rear…….SB8125L

Unfortunate that the Speedbleeder website tables are not up to date and do not show the Tracers of any year or the FJ variants. It appears from the above that the Speedbleeders for the Tracer 900GT is the same for the 2015 - 2021 YZF-R1.

Tracer 900GT SpeedBleeders.png

Edited by Grumpy Goat

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

On 3/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, roadrash83 said:

To properly bleed the brakes on your 2019 900GT you need to run the ABS pump. That way you get all the old fluid out and the air that entered the system when you hade it opened up.

How is this done? I just changed fluid in the rear of Fj-09 and wondered about cycling the ABS.