• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tracer 9 Suspension Calibration test Failed

vic

I wasn’t sure my T9 was riding as smoothly as the demo bike I originally test rode. I performed the “Suspension Calibration Test” and each time it just comes back “Failed”.  My bike was lowered by the dealer with a Lust Racing lowering kit, but the dealer assured me this wouldn’t make any difference and the electronic suspension would automatically adjust. 

Any thoughts/advice.??

• Sad 1

Lowering kit is not the problem, I have installed the same kit on my T9 and the calibration was "succes" , did you put the bike on the center stand before the calibration? 

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, vic said:

I wasn’t sure my T9 was riding as smoothly as the demo bike I originally test rode. I performed the “Suspension Calibration Test” and each time it just comes back “Failed”.  My bike was lowered by the dealer with a Lust Racing lowering kit, but the dealer assured me this wouldn’t make any difference and the electronic suspension would automatically adjust. 

Any thoughts/advice.??

Take it back to the dealer to complete the job properly.

11 hours ago, vic said:

Any thoughts/advice.??

My bike also fails the calibration test after I installed a Soupy’s adjustable lowering link myself (former Yamaha Tech of 15 years).
Removing the link and going back to stock is not an option for my 30” inseam & 53+ years of riding (meaning I’m old😆), just wasn’t comfortable with the original height of the bike. Accordingly I raised the forks in the clamps 5 mm. 
I did the cali test a few times, on the centerstand, and gave up, just riding it. 
Even with it failed it is still much more supple than my ‘85 RZ500😁!

The arm seem positioned correctly, so this not the problem,  there is a rod between the arm and the swingarm,  is the lower rod bracket tab is against the projection in the swingarm? 

1 hour ago, ledruide said:

The arm seem positioned correctly, so this not the problem,  there is a rod between the arm and the swingarm,  is the lower rod bracket tab is against the projection in the swingarm? 

Thank you again. Not exactly sure what I'm looking for but here's a top view of the rod that does appear to be attached to the top of the swingarm.

Link pic.jpg

Edited by vic
  • Thumbsup 1

Yes that's what I'm talking,  the bracket also is positioned correctly , may be remove the bracket nut on the swing arm and check if the sensor arm move easily,  put the nut back and try a calibration. Do you know if the dealer did a calibration with succes after the lowering kit installation ?

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, ledruide said:

Do you know if the dealer did a calibration with succes after the lowering kit installation ?

Not sure,  but the bikes still under warranty so I’ll be calling the dealer next week when they’re open.  Hopefully they can sort it out. 

Edited by vic
Typo
  • Thumbsup 1