New brake rotors

stringman

• Supporting Member

Agreed.  You've done all that work, it only makes sense to flush the fluid for a complete job.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, KrustyKush said:

Regarding the lever travel: I think you said you went with aftermarket pads? If they are a mm or so thinner friction material than what you had before, could cause this. Ride it for awhile and see if it “normalizes.”  You couldn’t have gotten air into the line if you didn’t open the line. Even if you did get air into the line, front brakes usually “bleed themselves” as the air bubble rises into the master cylinder over time. As long as you’re getting good brake action, don’t sweat the increased lever travel at least for a couple hundred miles. It will probably resolve itself. If nothing else, your hand will get accustomed to it. 

I decided to bleed the brakes anyway, and probably flushed the system through lol.

Brakes feel a little bit firmer now  but I will take it for a gentle ride tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

• Thumbsup 1

AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH

Bloody Hell!

went for a test ride today. Discovered some low speed vibration.

Not being 100% sure what it could be ( but sure it was down to me) I took it to the local indie bike shop.

He had a quick look and said " you got those from ebay didnt you" (I did) " they are not true.

so although I can ride it for a while now Ive got to buy a new set of Rotors.

Money is tight but whats the brand of choice? EBC, Brembo Galfer?? 

Any others easily accessible in the UK?

THanks

• 2 weeks later...

An update!

Finally bit the bullet and bought EDC discs to go with the pads.

No judder and a really good bite, so in that sense I am really happy.

Sadly no so much with the return of the faulty discs. 1st I was asked for photos, which I provided, then after a delay I was asked for Videos ( which you cant send via ebay) I tried their web contact page but again you cant send videos. So by now its been reported to ebay- which means previous messages disappear.  So i finally get the email to send the videos to- but their server cant handle the size. So I end up sending a dropbox link.

Not sure why as the videos dont show much.

Now I am getting asked if I put new pads in ( I did) and if I bedded them in (I did).

It just seems like a massive delaying tactic, why not ask for a video in the first place and ask the questions at the same time?

Now dont get me wrong I have used them before for brake leavers and they are great. But just a little heads up on the customer service.