900 GT to 9 GT farkle transfer. What is possible?

I would like to try and salvage as many farkles from the 900 GT as I can before selling it.

If anyone can confirm any of these that would be great:

-OEM radiator guard
-engine protection. (Surely not as both the engine and frame are new)
-levers

-OEM top box and rack > top box is the same but rack is different.
-printed parts GPS holder on top of the screen clamp. I'm pretty sure that clamp is exactly the same on sight. CONFIRMED
-GIVI rear wheel hugger. the alu blocks around the rear axel look sturdier so I don't think this will fit.
-screens fit but the 9 has a smaller turning radius so it will hit most 900 screens. I have three of them and will probably sell them with the bike.
-side stand enlarger (OEM)
-tank ring (OEM rebranded SW Motech). The filler cap looks exactly the same.
-OEM led plus blinkers. They look the same so I hope they will fit.
-Puig fender extender. That riveted on so I probably should just get a new one.

*** UPDATE. Strikethrough means it does not fit out of the box. ****

Edited by petshark
strikethrough

I'm definitely curious about this as well. Having only owned the 9GT I am not sure what I can order that would work for both. So far I've only switched out the stock screen for a smaller screen for less buffeting on the helmet and some airflow in the summer. 

I'm not much of a farkler but I definitely want a braided brake line, I think after 8k miles it's time. Might was well switch out the levers though if someone knows the fit. I'll check back in. 

• Thumbsup 2

The T9GT has the plastic piece in front of the fuel cap, which means the bag has to be elevated to fit.

To get around this (last September when nothing was available...) I used some metal spacers to raise the front of the mount so that the bag would clear the plastic piece, and shaved some off the back of the mount so that the cap would open fully. But it is definitely doable. I used a slightly taller spacer at the front and two shorter ones on the side. Looks pretty good if I say so myself!

I can send you some pics if that doesn't make sense.

Craig

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

The side stand enlarger on the 900 GT,will NOT fit the 9GT, as the mounting 'recess' on the 9GT is straight, where as the 900 GT is angled. I had to buy a new one for my 9.(Givi) Bugger !!😡😡

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

5 hours ago, MightBeSasquatch said:

I'm not much of a farkler but I definitely want a braided brake line, I think after 8k miles it's time. Might was well switch out the levers though if someone knows the fit. I'll check back in. 

Ooh, if you get that done, I'd sure be interested in your insights. Testriding the S1000XR has left me dreaming about those brakes. You may already have done this but EBC HH brake pads are a cheap and very obvious upgrade and it's the first thing that I'll do on my 9. My 900 with those pads clearly has better brakes than both 9's that I rode, even with that upgraded master cylinder on the 9.

5 hours ago, Craig in Alabama said:

The T9GT has the plastic piece in front of the fuel cap, which means the bag has to be elevated to fit.

To get around this (last September when nothing was available...) I used some metal spacers to raise the front of the mount so that the bag would clear the plastic piece, and shaved some off the back of the mount so that the cap would open fully. But it is definitely doable. I used a slightly taller spacer at the front and two shorter ones on the side. Looks pretty good if I say so myself!

I can send you some pics if that doesn't make sense.

Craig

I hadn't thought about that. Some pics would be great, thanks. I see that SW Motech have released a tank ring for the T9GT to fit on my EVO bag but it's 55 euros. If the workaround looks good I may try your workaround instead.

2 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

The side stand enlarger on the 900 GT,will NOT fit the 9GT, as the mounting 'recess' on the 9GT is straight, where as the 900 GT is angled. I had to buy a new one for my 9.(Givi) Bugger !!😡😡

Dang. Good to know! thank you.

I've updated the OP to show which parts don't fit. 

• Thumbsup 2

Update:

-levers are not interchangeable, +2021 has a more robust Nissin brake lever with a completely different design coming from the R1. I didn't check the clutch as I won't transfer just one lever.

-I tried the side stand enlarger and it almost fit. The foot of the sidestand is just about 1 mm too wide to fit the OEM enlarger. I could grind it down and rust treat it but I'll just get a new one I think.

-fender extender won't fit. Both fenders are different designs.

-Screen clamp is exactly the same.

I've updated the OP to reflect my findings.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, petshark said:

Ooh, if you get that done, I'd sure be interested in your insights. Testriding the S1000XR has left me dreaming about those brakes. You may already have done this but EBC HH brake pads are a cheap and very obvious upgrade and it's the first thing that I'll do on my 9. My 900 with those pads clearly has better brakes than both 9's that I rode, even with that upgraded master cylinder on the 9.

Well, I still haven't replaced the line or the pads 🤫. I did give it a good bleed and changed out the fluid and it helped a bit but I am still left wanting more. I will check those pads out for sure though. I still have meat left on the originals only being at 11k but I will probably let it be the last season if I am going to go around the whole system. Thanks for you research!

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, MightBeSasquatch said:

Well, I still haven't replaced the line or the pads 🤫. I did give it a good bleed and changed out the fluid and it helped a bit but I am still left wanting more. I will check those pads out for sure though. I still have meat left on the originals only being at 11k but I will probably let it be the last season if I am going to go around the whole system. Thanks for you research!

I have written in other threads that I found the original brakes to be ok and that I might also use them up first but I caved a few days ago and ordered EBC HH pads. I missed their bite. Will install soon and post my findings here.

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, petshark said:

-OEM led plus blinkers. They look the same so I hope they will fit.

These do not fit because they use a different method to secure them. The 900 version has a nut and bolt and the 9 version has a clever rubber insert that keeps it in place.