How I ended up on a 2021 Tracer

nomikem

Hey thanks for sharing your story and experience! Maybe it did sound like a tour company ad but i don't mind. As a cyclist, I've done numerous Euro trips (Mallorca, Italy, Spain, France) and would love to try one for the moto side, so this is appealing to me! I've seen motos in those area and would be nice to experience areas from the other (easier) side. Definitely jotting notes on this area and Edelweiss. Maybe even meeting other from this forum on a future trip!

Cheers!

• Thumbsup 2

Now a days, I'm impressed when someone/a company delivers on their promises or delivers a great experience. And that's what all of us had. if that helps someone else have a great experience as well, then why not call it out.

Yeah, this forum would be a great way to organize a foreign group ride.

• Premium Member

2 weeks ago I'd have said as a San Dieagan who is now a Chicagoan "I'll take San Diego county over the Canaries for a motorcycle vacation and use Edelweiss and their ilk for Europe.".

After my recent trip where I unfortunately confirmed San Diego is now like LA Californication wise, and as my Riders-Share rental was a nightmare, I'd normally rethink my options.  However, being very frugal and learning from my last trip, and having very nice free accommodations makes hitting SD again a no-brainer.

Now there still is hopefully also time and money for Europe and GB, as I'm not getting any younger or healthier. 

• Thumbsup 2

That's very true. Not a one of us is getting any younger or healthier. Kiss & hug your loved ones and take all the rides you can like there's no tomorrow. 

Because one day........

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, nomikem said:

That's very true. Not a one of us is getting any younger or healthier. Kiss & hug your loved ones and take all the rides you can like there's no tomorrow. 

Because one day........

So very true.  I was recently talking with an older guy, he and his wife were both in their 80's and using walkers to get around.  He mentioned he used to own an older Goldwing, we got to talking about road trips and telling him about riding through Oregon, California, Utah and Colorado and he said his #1 regret was not traveling more on his bike before it was too late.  He would take day-rides with his wife but never got out of the state on road trips, and now those opportunities are long past.  Ride while you are able.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

For you younger guys. The eighties are a long way away. But health issues can put a crimp in your riding when you're in your Sixties Or even earlier

I wish I knew then what I know now when I was younger

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...