Yamaha Comfort Seat purchased

After trying to get the comfort seat from Canada with no luck, I ordered one off eBay coming from England. 
Just silly that Yamaha USA doesn’t sell them especially since the dealer I worked at for 15 years still gives me a discount. 
If I don’t like it I’ll list it here for sale.

9178159A-D7EB-4F10-9553-4999DE5D0CCD.thumb.png.7ee09ca31d5c24ed27ea4241f1b26a07.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Since you are staying with the same shape seat, have you considered having the standard one repacked? I'm sure you would save big time financially.

3 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Consensus is that it's better than stock, have you installed the seat leveling kit yet to help with the down slope to tank?

Yes I did the seat slope mod which was a little better, looking for more lol.

• Thumbsup 4

On 3/16/2023 at 5:48 PM, Smokamoto said:

After trying to get the comfort seat from Canada with no luck, I ordered one off eBay coming from England. 
Just silly that Yamaha USA doesn’t sell them especially since the dealer I worked at for 15 years still gives me a discount. 
If I don’t like it I’ll list it here for sale.

i just did the same! Also ordered the seat slope mod. On the stock seat after 8 hours of saddle time over two days my bum is still sore 2 days later!

• Sad 2

• Supporting Member
On 3/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, GainingTheCOVID19 said:

over two days my bum is still sore 2 days later

You're lucky it was JUST that :)

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 2 weeks later...

Chased down UPS as they were set to deliver 2 hours after I was supposed to leave on a two day trip. Did you know you can get a package directly from the truck with ID? As long as it is after they do their time-critical morning deliveries. As always YMMV.

Anyway the comfort seat is an improvement but not a massive one. Honestly I think the seat slope mod made for more long distance comfort. I was able to do 13 hours of seat time in two days but the last 2 on the second day were pretty rough. I think i'll be able to complete the 6k mile trip i'm planning in late april with this and can avoid the $$ on the corbin. 

• Thumbsup 2

The leveling kit for the OEM seat made it so much better, honestly the best stock seat of the many bikes I have owned. I now have a Bagster Readyluxe seat and it is quite comfy, I will rank it up there with the Sargents and Corbins I have owned most definitely. The leveling kit works just fine as well, this Bagster fits every bit as good if not perhaps better than the OEM.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, GainingTheCOVID19 said:

Anyway the comfort seat is an improvement but not a massive one. Honestly I think the seat slope mod made for more long distance comfort. I was able to do 13 hours of seat time in two days but the last 2 on the second day were pretty rough. I think i'll be able to complete the 6k mile trip i'm planning in late april with this and can avoid the $$ on the corbin. 

All of my current and previous bikes have had modified suspension, aftermarket handlebars and custom seats.  Sure, that can be quite expensive but I do a lot of multi-day road trips each year and -for me- you can't put a price on all-day comfort and that includes an all-day comfortable helmet. 

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...

Last weekend's multi-day trip finally pushed me to the edge of getting my custom seat from Rich's. Holy smokes-- huge improvement in comfort and great looking. The OEM was good in the beginning, but towards the end of each day ride, manageable at best with more stops or stretching on the ride. Now I'm able to go further with little to no fatigue on the backside. Looking forward to more big trips now this summer!

Richsseat2.thumb.jpg.d6ba06935f392b8e04bc0dfb6cef0a51.jpgRichsseat1.thumb.jpg.79736495304baade28a5e9b8ba4dcd95.jpg

• Thumbsup 3