EBay deal: New Michelin Road 5 for $320/pair

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Would the road 5GT Not necessarily triangulate versus the standard five even though it's just a 2CT?

Good question.  The GTs are designed for generally heavier bikes aren't they and hence have a stronger sidewall as I'm led to believe so that may well be enough to at least reduce it?   Hmmm.

18 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Would the road 5GT Not necessarily triangulate versus the standard five even though it's just a 2CT?

I have no experience with the GT on the Tracer, however I ran the 4GT and 5GT on my Triumph Sprint GT and my dad ran the non-GT on his old ‘14 FZ1 and both triangulated the same. The GT took a bit longer, but both wore the same. 

FWIW, last year I bought the non GT Road 6 for the Tracer and the GT for the Sprint. Both are wearing the same and both feel the same on the road, with the GT maybe being a tick harsher on bumps. 

Edited by miweber929
  • Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Good question.  The GTs are designed for generally heavier bikes aren't they and hence have a stronger sidewall as I'm led to believe so that may well be enough to at least reduce it?   Hmmm.

Well we have a no I don't know if we'll get much more

• Thumbsup 1

@texscottyd thank you very much for the heads up.  Just picked up my fourth set of Road 5s for the Tracer using this deal and applied for the $60 Michelin rebate also mentioned in this string.

The price with ebay (oemcycles) was the same as rocymountainatv.com my normal tire supplier.  With $79 savings using what you mentioned and the $60 rebate, very worthwhile.

I owe you a beer.

• Thumbsup 2

On 3/25/2023 at 2:25 AM, dazzler24 said:

I did feel that I had to input mini adjustments to maintain a line when cornering hard on the 5s so am keen to see if the front is as good as you describe.

On a related side note, what pressures are you running in your 6s?  I know you are in a significantly cooler climate from what I am but am curious to see what you're running in your summer and if I may ask - riding weight?

Exactly the problem with the 5's front, and is what the 6's fix.  Much more solid feel, better feedback, less vague mushiness requiring constant attention and adjustment.  

I run 36/42, and am a big chonky boy - 330lbs/150kg or so in gear?  In the winter I lower that a bit, 34/38.  Which is more "just don't adjust pressure as the temperature drops" than adjust to that, if I'm being honest.  Rear likes to be a bit lower to grab better when it's cold.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1