FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

Tinted shorty looks good, I am trying to like the larger touring screen it just doesn't look right on the FJ.
Agreed... can't do the barn door look. I need something that looks like it was made for the bike, not a slab with the right holes drilled in it.
Function over fashion for me, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works.

I do see the difference in different helmets (I have a collection), but they all buffet badly right around eye level. If I stand up, I get clean air and much less noise, regardless of the helmet. I love my bike, and resolving this issue will make me significantly happier.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Agreed... can't do the barn door look. I need something that looks like it was made for the bike, not a slab with the right holes drilled in it.
Function over fashion for me, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works.
Sorry, but I'm not willing to make an amazing looking bike ugly to accommodate this design flaw. There are solutions out there that don't look like I velcroed a flat piece of plexiglass onto my bike. To each their own. 
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Sorry, but I'm not willing to make an amazing looking bike ugly to accommodate this design flaw. There are solutions out there that don't look like I velcroed a flat piece of plexiglass onto my bike. To each their own. 
Well my friends, you will be able to tell me tonight if it looks ugly or not, parcel has been delivered!It will be a few days before a road test if the forecast is anything to go by! 

Try the Shoei GT-Air... I love mine
That's on my short list of helmets to add to the collection. :)
s e t h

There is a LOT of information and opinions about windscreens on this thread. Is there any way we can disseminate some of it? Maybe a poll at the top to see who has what?
s e t h

Feckin ipad. Can someone please stick all this together:

First impressions, very rigid, beautifully made - typical Givi quality.

Took about 15 minutes or so to fit.  The original screen would almost flex back on itself if pushed, this one tends to move the shoddy adjustable mounting bracket. Time will tell how it performs on the road!