Tracer 9gt Yamaha comfort seat

Can anyone using the yamaha genuine comfort seat recommend it ?

A search on them only brings up ones for resale. Makes me wonder if they're any good. After 2 hours riding on the original seat my butt is aching, literally, for a rest stop. Any opinions please.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I got rid of the standard seat, 'cos it gave me a sore arse after a while. Fitted the comfort seat,and now what a difference. No pain !! 😊  Recommend. 👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

13 hours ago, wanderer said:

It's odd that Yamaha admits the stock seat is uncomfortable. 

I think a lot of bike manufacturers are the same. My last 4 modern triumph bikes all required the purchase of a comfort seat. The originals were all painful after an hour or twos riding. All the replacement seats I bought were a massive improvement. Its all about them making coin I suppose.

The problem for mfgrs is what shape ass is the norm? My fat rear takes a different shape than a 150# guy like I used to be. A good riding bud has never changed the stock seat on any bike over his 70 years. My $.02.

On 6/17/2023 at 2:45 PM, Johnjo said:

Can anyone using the yamaha genuine comfort seat recommend it ?

A search on them only brings up ones for resale. Makes me wonder if they're any good. After 2 hours riding on the original seat my butt is aching, literally, for a rest stop. Any opinions please.

I have about 200 miles on the comfort seat that I had to order from England since not available in the USA. It along with the seat slope mod definitely helped. I do recommend both!

• Thumbsup 2

9 hours ago, Smokamoto said:

I have about 200 miles on the comfort seat that I had to order from England since not available in the USA. It along with the seat slope mod definitely helped. I do recommend both!

Thanks for confirming that the seat slope fix is still needed with the Comfort Seat.

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS