Motorcyclist Magazine review…

• Supporting Member

Ugh, RevZilla again publishing in their review that the side cases can't fit a full face helmet when it's just user error. They did the same with their previous Tracer 9 review and Daily Rider video. Lazy journalism.

My XL HJC RPHA 70ST fits no problem; helmet goes in the sidecase upsidedown.

• Thumbsup 7

9 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Ugh, RevZilla again publishing in their review that the side cases can't fit a full face helmet when it's just user error. They did the same with their previous Tracer 9 review and Daily Rider video. Lazy journalism.

My XL HJC RPHA 70ST fits no problem; helmet goes in the sidecase upsidedown.

Great helmet, I just got the RPHA 70 Carbon.........love it. The reviewer in the vid said the CP3 is a thirsty engine, that most certainly isn't true, I've seen high as 52 MPG and average around 45 riding like a bat out of hell. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Great helmet, I just got the RPHA 70 Carbon.........love it. The reviewer in the vid said the CP3 is a thirsty engine, that most certainly isn't true, I've seen high as 52 MPG and average around 45 riding like a bat out of hell. 

then you were in a different Hell than I rode from.

If I ride in a catatonic state, maybe he gets 42 or so

with pants on fire, he maybe can manage 39

this has all been well hashed before

I do need to change the air filter and plugs as he seems a bit short of breath...

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I do need to change the air filter and plugs as he seems a bit short of breath...

Do you ride with a top box or the sidecases? With the sidecases I average about 40 MPG.

Taking them off and riding with the top box only shoots it up to 45mpg average.

The sidecases definitely have a significant amount of drag that impacts MPG.

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I don't ride an older model FJ9, and I also know how to calculate my gas mileage correctly. My mileage is very consistent, and how I ride is also very consistent.......other variables perhaps? I only ride with cases when on a trip, don't have a barndoor shield, full Delkevic exhaust, Booster Plug, and always run 91 or higher. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I don't ride an older model FJ9, and I also know how to calculate my gas mileage correctly. My mileage is very consistent, and how I ride is also very consistent.......other variables perhaps? I only ride with cases when on a trip, don't have a barndoor shield, full Delkevic exhaust, Booster Plug, and always run 91 or higher. 

You're still one of the lucky ones I think

Those of you without locations shown in your member name/information, it would be handy if you mentioned US or Imperial MPG.  Big difference.

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member

You'll need all that strength next week!

4800 to 5800 is the sweet spot for mileage for my 15. but the real fun above that makes my avg drop to the high 30's despite what the computer says... 

4 hours ago, OldBikers said:

Riding in Chicago's stop and go traffic will drop my avg fuel to 42mpg.  Also makes my left hand stronger from using the clutch constantly. 

• Thumbsup 1