Rebate on Dunlop Roadsmart IIs

Dunlop is running a $50 rebate on Roadsmart IIs until the end of May.  This appears to be the same tire as the D222, but maybe a little more tire wear.  If you pick them up at around $235 that rebate will make it around $185.  You can get the tires at Rockymountain ATV for around $235.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Dunlop is running a $50 rebate on Roadsmart IIs until the end of May.  This appears to be the same tire as the D222, but maybe a little more tire wear.  If you pick them up at around $235 that rebate will make it around $185.  You can get the tires at Rockymountain ATV for around $235.
I *just* bought a Roadsmart II rear 180 for $135, shipped, from rockeymountainatvmc.com/

• Premium Member
Anyone tried the Roadsmart II yet?
On my previous bike, I had no complaints. I commute all seasons and they were good in wet, cold conditions. They may not be best on a track but they mike fine road tyres.

Anyone tried the Roadsmart II yet?
I just removed my Roadsmart II last week to do a 3,000 mile ride because I had only about 2,000 left on the tire.  At approx. 2,000 remaining, that would have made that tire good for 7,000 plus miles if I had left it on.  Since I have a tire changer, I can remount the tire and use it up.  Now here is my review of the Roadsmart II tire.   It is every bit as good as the D222 OEM tire, and has the exact same tread pattern.  I got more miles out of the Roadsmart than the OEM, for what ever reason.  I liked both of  those tires.  I replaced them with my old favorite Pilot Road 3 rear and PR-4 front.  Now I  have had 4 set of PR-3's and one set of PR-4's on my FJR and liked them a lot.  First 200 miles on the PR-3 rear/PR-4 front on the FJ, I knew I liked the Dunlop Roadsmarts better.  First thing I noticed was there wasn't that great feeling of new rubber, I was shocked.  Second, I noticed that the PR's were a little more vague, soft or what ever.  On the FJR, a new set of PR's produced a vast improvement over the old tires, no matter what make, but I had never tried Dunlop Roadsmart II before.  I also felt the Roadsmarts provided better feel in the corners and raised the level of excitement, as in the feel of being able to even go faster or lean more, etc.  Two Thumbs Up for the Roadsmart II's.  I'm at 13,000 miles on the FJ and third rear, second front.

• 11 months later...
Dunlop is running the rebate again for 2016.
I have 6400mi on the FJ, replaced the OEM at 3200mi with a Roadsmart 2 set, and now need set number three.
Milage wise I am not exactly setting any records here, however, I do like the tire's feel, hence am about to install yet another set of RS2.
At 205lbs, and rather spirited riding, my sidewalls are bare, and center has hit the wear-bars.
I know - ought to try something else, but.....

After the PR's I put RS2's back on the bike. I am now finishing off that RS2 I removed with 2K left on it. Next set of rubber will be the Bridgestone T30 EVOs. Will mount them next week with around 29K on the bike.

• Premium Member
After the PR's I put RS2's back on the bike. I am now finishing off that RS2 I removed with 2K left on it. Next set of rubber will be the Bridgestone T30 EVOs. Will mount them next week with around 29K on the bike.
I ran RS2's on my XR for a few years. The rear could have lasted longer, but all in all I found them to be a solid tire..... 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Why the T30s instead of something like the roadtec 01 that supposedly the current hot shut sports touring tire? 

I am considering the new perelli Rosso 3. It is a softer(more grip) tire than the road smart or PR4 but will be less mileage. Also it will not be as good in the wet as the PR4 but probably as good as the road smart.

Why the T30s instead of something like the roadtec 01 that supposedly the current hot shut sports touring tire?
Because, I have a set of T30, gotten for 180$.  That was a good enough deal to try them out.  They have good reviews.  Second in the running to PR4s for Touring.  I saw a Ytube Vid on sport touring tires and it was noted that Perilli's and Metzlers use the same rubber, come from the same factory, just different tread pattern and labeling.  Both look cool but I always found both of those brands hard to determine wear and therefore ran them into the steel cords.  We are talking 5 sets of tires by that  mfr. where I ran three into the steel and one through the steel belt.  See pic. 
In the pic are:  Perilli Trophy tire, old PR for getting someone home, T30 Evos, PR4-GT (For the FJR), used PR4 front & PR3 rear.

4601294.jpg

And to finish off this year, I still have to get a set of PR4's for the FJ after I wear out the T30's in July.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The reason why the stock Dunlops don't get great mileage is that the tread depth only starts at 5/32's front and rear. I believe most replacements are deeper than that. I've been happy with the T30's I replaced the stock Bridgestones's with.

• 2 months later...

Archived