getting back in the saddle after any years and need help making a decision !

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kyle J said:

I'm looking at battery tenders and was wondering which ones are worth getting for the 9 gt?

When you buy it, get the noco plug to S.A.E adapter

From there you can get generic S.A. E to coax adapters too.

The latter are more efficient. By the way, and what they use on heated gear.

So you can charge your battery and hook up your heated gear to the same power plug.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS2-Fully-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B07W6B987F/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2L5NDMUH5L7GA&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.xp7LmRSipkouWwmUPgjaWu8R5N7tn3LdgA1Tgj1jlb_o6f6e2dS0H5cjSdIXPNWtiekB1mnp3SkaNpB2Z2LMhEIBh2ATEquDxoE_c0PHXuL8PThBeSWcfY-xNQEy_IBoXLsMMNq6LInT9uwHF2vDTX39yJwYPTtmqY2UpCxZUB8moCpOiRi1KMtA2-pCWdsSVthNPdnZUYv_D-BSXT37aA.4kbQnCvGKaS1Bv81AOoMjGKutg-qsE-2eGaVQNt52Ng&dib_tag=se&keywords=noco+genius+2+2a+smart+battery+charger&qid=1713897335&sprefix=noco+genius+2%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

• Supporting Member
On 4/20/2024 at 3:33 PM, kyle J said:

A good combo , new bike to get used too, not riding for many years and crappy weather to boot !

Comedy gold 😁. Congrats on your new bike!!

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
On 4/23/2024 at 1:28 PM, kyle J said:

I'm looking at battery tenders and was wondering which ones are worth getting for the 9 gt?

Get something that supports charging/maintaining of lead-acid (OE battery) and lithium batteries.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Finally got out for a decent ride ! The weather wasn't supposed to be good but I woke up early one  Sunday took a peek out from behind the blinds and the skies were clear yippie !! So I jumped up had a couple Quick cups of coffee and headed out . So by 8 am I was out on the road , first thing thing I gotta say is what a fun bike I couldn't stop smiling the whole ride . I'm so glad I went for the 9gt over the standard 900 , the cruise control is a nice thing to have also heated gips as well ! So far I don't find the seat that bad although I do notice the tilt forword but will need some more miles to decide weather I'll do the seat mod or not . As far as the wind screen it seems ok in the hi position for me it doesn't seem to buffet that much , for me anyways . To be honest I was a little nervous about getting back into riding , wasn't sure how my old back and joints would handel the road on a motorcycle but so fa so good . The riding position is nice and upright so feels good on my back not sure about my knees yet as the ride was only about 150 km's and 2.5 hrs so time will tell. I really like the quick shifter especially on accelerating the bike handels well in the curves the brakes seem good. I havent really played around with suspension adjustments yet and so far I leave it in the a2 setting. At this point I'm very happy with the 9gt and I think it was a good choice for getting back into the sport 

20240428_090624_resized_1.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 3/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, Bob K said:

Get the shorter than factory , racing screen . No wind to your neck area & clean air at the helmet . Also the bike tracks straight down the road in the wind . If you want to set back & smoke going down the road get a HD .

I went with the Madstad screen, they have both short and long styles, and I really like mine.