getting back in the saddle after any years and need help making a decision !

Oh and if you pull the trigger on the 19 900, the MRA vario-tour screen is highly recommended by me.

Good luck whichever way you choose..

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, Manxkiwi said:

I haven't read every single word in this thread, but has no one suggested a Tracer 700?

I don't think the Tracer 700 was ever sold in North America.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yup the 700 not available in Canada and if it was I think that would be the ticket !

Would like some input on "b" mode on the 19 tracer 900 I'm not an aggressive rider so I can see me leaving it in b most of the time , is it allot tamer than standard mode ?  

I would consider putting in B mode while riding many miles in the rain, otherwise it's mostly standard for me with the occasional A. And yeah the Tracer 700 is another gem with another perfect engine. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, kyle J said:

Yup the 700 not available in Canada and if it was I think that would be the ticket !

Would like some input on "b" mode on the 19 tracer 900 I'm not an aggressive rider so I can see me leaving it in b most of the time , is it allot tamer than standard mode ?  

Yes, the power delivery is quite a bit softer.  I believe it still delivers full power but the throttle doesn't feel 1:1 when you turn it if that makes sense, it feels like you are opening the throttle slower than you actually are.

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, betoney said:

"You don't miss what you've never had"  Its funny how that happens, I said the exact same thing when I got my FJ.

I have also said this... and I am now grateful for being able to give my wrist a break on longer, uninspiring stretches. The throttle effort/spring mod is also an excellent idea. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I often leave it in B mode (especially in the rain). The difference is certainly there compared to the other modes but I don’t find this to be a problem based on how I ride. 

4 hours ago, kyle J said:

Ah, I didn't realise that. I haven't ridden one, but believe they are very good.

Oh well, you'll have to make do with a 900 then! I see you found a non GT bike. If that doesn't work out for any reason, I would highly recommend trying to seek out a GT. There are a good number of differences, all of them good to have IMO.

Can anyone confirm that the non GT has unadjustable forks? Or am i mistaken? 

I thought the 19 Tracer 900 repo was a no brainer but a 2020 gt just popped up on line for only 1000 more and it has touring srceen, seat concepts seat , back rack  but 6200 km on it  . looks like this is a no brainer ! 

• Thumbsup 2

18 hours ago, Manxkiwi said:

Ah, I didn't realise that. I haven't ridden one, but believe they are very good.

Oh well, you'll have to make do with a 900 then! I see you found a non GT bike. If that doesn't work out for any reason, I would highly recommend trying to seek out a GT. There are a good number of differences, all of them good to have IMO.

Can anyone confirm that the non GT has unadjustable forks? Or am i mistaken? 

My 2020 GT has adjustable Spring preload & Rebound damping settings for the forks .

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, kyle J said:

I thought the 19 Tracer 900 repo was a no brainer but a 2020 gt just popped up on line for only 1000 more and it has touring srceen, seat concepts seat , back rack  but 6200 km on it  . looks like this is a no brainer ! 

That is only 3,800 miles, barely broken in.  Hopefully you can get it for a decent price.

• Thumbsup 2

I may have missed the boat on the 20 gt , bummer ! There is a 21 9tg available but allot more cash 12900 compared to 11000 for the 20 gt and 10000 for the 19 tracer 900 with 500 km so basically new.

I decided on making an offer on the 2020 gt  but if its sold my options right now are a 

19 tracer 900  500 km                                                                                                                                       21  gt     13200 km                                                                                                                                          I I can afford to get the gt ( 3000) more than the 900 do you guys think its worth it I believe the 9gt is a much better bike I just need to justify the extra cost . If I got the basic 900 I would definitely be getting Either a top box or panniers so that would be anywhere from 500-1500 more i'd be spending anyways .  Also was interested about reliability due to the updated engine as I know they bumped up the displacement a bit not sure what else? looking for some real world experience between the 2 , i'm getting so close to pulling the trigger just need a little push over the edge.