getting back in the saddle after any years and need help making a decision !

• Premium Member
On 3/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, Bob K said:

Get the shorter than factory , racing screen . No wind to your neck area & clean air at the helmet . Also the bike tracks straight down the road in the wind . If you want to set back & smoke going down the road get a HD .

I have used the Madstad screens since I have been riding the FJ-09 and Tracer many years ago. I think they are well made and effective. But not pretty.......

But I guess that is in the eye of the buyer now isn't it.........

• Supporting Member
On 3/29/2024 at 9:10 AM, kyle J said:

One of my concerns is I've seen alot of comments regarding vibration in the bars and footpegs ,

how bad is it and what ways have you guys been able to reduce them ? should I even worry about it ?

The stock bar on the FJ had very little sweep, and that put pressure on my hands in a way that caused my palms to go numb from vibration. I had to install grip puppies for some relief, but that made the grips fat. I installed risers and a bar with a better sweep... all is well now, and the grip puppies are gone.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, piotrek said:

The stock bar on the FJ had very little sweep, and that put pressure on my hands in a way that caused my palms to go numb from vibration. I had to install grip puppies for some relief, but that made the grips fat. I installed risers and a bar with a better sweep... all is well now, and the grip puppies are gone.

I 2nd risers and Renthal Street Nakeds!

The 2020 tracer 900 that I have been looking at has the short sport windshield. The other bikes i was looking at is a 21 9gt with 16000 km on it or a 2020 gt with 27000 km, forgetting the km's is it worth getting the 21? I know it has the slightly bigger engine ,semi active suspension etc. Any thoughts would be great! Im getting close to a decision. The 2020 900 being cheaper would free up some cash for some gear and future up grades.

A red 21 9 gt just popped up for sale near me , not really sure if I like the red though I think my favorite looking one is the candy red fj09

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, kyle J said:

A red 21 9 gt just popped up for sale near me , not really sure if I like the red though I think my favorite looking one is the candy red fj09

I agree, the new red color pales in comparison to the original FJ09.  I really wish Yamaha would bring that color back.  I like it enough that I bought a Honda that matches.  😁

image.thumb.jpeg.f9857d7af8bf2a43e2e14e8aa7e87695.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

This is the best Honda (Italian) Red !

And yes, #2 is the 15 FJ red, with the 06 Mazda 3S red close behind.

Then theirs the 76 Yamaha RD400 red, 81 Kawi GPZ550D1 red, and of course my 61 Matchless G80CS red...

But the 21 T9 red will grow on you 

20161117_112700.jpg

20180603_190227.jpg

1977-Yamaha-Rd400C Perfect.jpg

BA's old 81 Kawi GPz550D1.jpeg

1961 Matchless G80CS Sport 1.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

My first street bike was an 81 cb 650 that was candy apple red , thats probably what drew me to the 15 fj09 that I was originally looking at. Nice collection by the way !

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Get the red 9gt.👍

It's a beautiful colour (color). 😊

20220731_140949.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

21 hours ago, kyle J said:

The 2020 tracer 900 that I have been looking at has the short sport windshield. The other bikes i was looking at is a 21 9gt with 16000 km on it or a 2020 gt with 27000 km, forgetting the km's is it worth getting the 21? I know it has the slightly bigger engine ,semi active suspension etc. Any thoughts would be great! Im getting close to a decision. The 2020 900 being cheaper would free up some cash for some gear and future up grades.

I am not a fan of the 21/22 Tracers, so I am more than happy/content with my 20.......save the extra money for gear and upgrades IMHO and get the 20. ;) Plus.......my 20 is faster than my buddy's 22 and it also doesn't like to wheelie as well as mine either. 😂

• Premium Member

kyle J

My first street bike was an 81 cb 650 that was candy apple red , thats probably what drew me to the 15 fj09 that I was originally looking at. Nice collection by the way !

image.png

1980LeavingGDConvairSanDiegoHONDACB750FFORSALE.jpg.e4c4e5dbf7e6b348dcf491bac562accc.jpg