What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Rode out to Daytona Beach. Beautiful Florida weather this time of year. Early in the AM around 55 degrees. Then in the 70's. Bike is just hummin' along. The more I ride the FJ09 the more I dig it! I have racked up over 3200 miles in about one month! Whoo! Hoo!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Rode out to Daytona Beach. Beautiful Florida weather this time of year. Early in the AM around 55 degrees. Then in the 70's. Bike is just hummin' along. The more I ride the FJ09 the more I dig it! I have racked up over 3200 miles in about one month! Whoo! Hoo!
We'll have to meet up sometime.  I'm in DeLand.

• Premium Member
We'll have to meet up sometime.  I'm in DeLand.
There's always,"The Wing House in Sanford" off of 17-92. Good wings. Some nice eye candy. A place to hang outside by the bikes....

• Premium Member
Rode out to Port Canaveral from Kissimmee,FL. took Nova road through farm land and cow country. Went with my good friend who has a 2003 Harley Night train. Averaging 45 MPG. on my FJ09. Great riding weather. Life is good...

Installed a Nitron R3 triple clicker with hydraulic preload today. Comes complete with stickers, and a T-shirt, LOL!

s1.JPG

Shock length ( ride height ) turned out to be right on out of the box.

s3.JPG

Removing pivot bolt sure made it easier to get at the lower mounting bolt...

s4.JPG

Pops right up, no fiddling with wrenches or crows feet.

s5.JPG

Preload adjuster, and remote, hi/low compression adjusters mount conveniently under the tail, easy access.

s6.JPG

How does it work? I'll find out tomorrow. Fork upgrade also, soon.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
Installed a Nitron R3 triple clicker with hydraulic preload today. Comes complete with stickers, and a T-shirt, LOL! 
How does it work? I'll find out tomorrow. Fork upgrade also, soon.

Ty

Nice Ty, I guess you will be leading now. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

With my holiday time off, i've continued farkling my FJ. Dialed in my Nitron shock upgrade, wow what a difference! Firm but plush as they say, no more jolts on hard edge bumps. Waiting on Andreani fork cartridges to complete suspension work.

s7.JPG

Meanwhile, with Lewis's ( ULEWZ )help, flashed my ECU yesterday. Just did some basic things starting with removing the speed limiter. 8D Disabled AIS, set cooling fan cutoff points lower ( 210/200 rather than factory 224/215 ), and played with engine braking settings. Left the fueling alone for now, as I ride in STD mode which always felt fine to me...

Today I installed a Pyramid Fender extender. It comes with little plastic "push rivets" now, instead of just double sided tape. You do have to drill some holes for the rivets, but it's really solid now.

fender1.JPG

Looks good, and will keep a lot of crap off my radiator. You listening wessie?

fender2.JPG

Next up, I installed some ebay aftermarket lighted mirrors.

mirror1.JPG

I wired them to my turn signals. Not only are the backs of the mirrors lighted, but the front is too under the glass.

mirror2.JPG

Most visible at night, it looks cool with the arrow shaped pattern. And totally invisible when off , neat!

mirror5.JPG

mirror4.JPG

A little wider than stock so I can see better around my shoulders, the only thing I can nit-pick is that the mounting stem is a little shorter slightly blocking the menu selector rocker switch. No biggie.

Last thing today is a USB cigarette lighter adapter.

usb1.JPG

It reads out voltage, and amps drawn when you plug something in.

usb.JPGusb2.JPG

My Garmin pulls .3 Amps it appears.

usb4.JPG

USB voltmeter bought here: link

Mirrors here: link
Says Ducati in the title, but comes with Yamaha reverse thread adapters. Note: These are clear lenses for max brightness, also made in smoke.

Ty

• Premium Member
I installed an R & G Rear hugger and Spiegler steel braided brake lines. The brake line swap was a serious amount of work. I was very impressed with Spiegler's kit though - every single piece fit perfectly and all the rubber bungs were exactly where they needed to be.
Will try to get out tomorrow to prove to myself it was worth the effort. Ha Ha
My heated grips arrived, but my back needs a break from contorting into the FJ, so will install them this weekend.  Also, have a crabon figer front fender extender arriving any day now.  That should be an easy install.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I installed an R & G Rear hugger and Spiegler steel braided brake lines. The brake line swap was a serious amount of work. I was very impressed with Spiegler's kit though - every single piece fit perfectly and all the rubber bungs were exactly where they needed to be. Will try to get out tomorrow to prove to myself it was worth the effort. Ha Ha
My heated grips arrived, but my back needs a break from contorting into the FJ, so will install them this weekend.  Also, have a crabon figer front fender extender arriving any day now.  That should be an easy install.
I didn't know there was a way to replace the brake lines on our FJs. A quick look when I bought my bike,  it looked like it would be difficult to design.  Any problems bleeding the system with ABS? I was thinking you may need a computer interface to command the ABS to cycle, or maybe it didn't get disturbed in your installation..? And more importantly, how do your brakes work now? !!

Hugger. I just installed the front fender extender, haven't felt the need for a hugger yet, but will check it out.

Ty

• Premium Member
Grip Puppies showed up in the post today. :)

I installed them tonight. Discovered a really neat trick to gettin' those little bastids installed easier. Soak the Grip Puppies in hot soapy water for a minute or so to loosen them up slightly. Just before slipping them over the handlebar/grip, lube the inside of the Grip Puppy around the top with dish soap and it slips over the grips much easier. Once you get it started on the grip a half inch or so, get a nice dry towel and wrap it around the Grip Puppy, then just gently twist as you push it on. SO much easier this way. Also soaks up the extra water & dries the grips quickly.

I love them, this is maybe the third or fourth set I've installed on one of my bikes.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
I installed an R & G Rear hugger and Spiegler steel braided brake lines. The brake line swap was a serious amount of work. I was very impressed with Spiegler's kit though - every single piece fit perfectly and all the rubber bungs were exactly where they needed to be. Will try to get out tomorrow to prove to myself it was worth the effort. Ha Ha
I didn't know there was a way to replace the brake lines on our FJs. A quick look when I bought my bike,  it looked like it would be difficult to design.  Any problems bleeding the system with ABS? I was thinking you may need a computer interface to command the ABS to cycle, or maybe it didn't get disturbed in your installation..? And more importantly, how do your brakes work now? !! 
Hugger. I just installed the front fender extender, haven't felt the need for a hugger yet, but will check it out.

Ty

I checked with Yamaha and you do not need to run the diagnostic on the ABS unit just due to changing the brake lines.  However, I do plan to stop in and have them run it anyway.  They said no problem.To change the lines I had to remove the bodywork, tank and airbox (seat too of course).  The truly time consuming part was removing the brake line union hangers - they are  in some difficult to reach places.  A fair bit of fluid leaked out of the ABS unit when I removed the banjo bolts there.  Due to it being inside a very small box, wiping it up is virtually impossible, so I put paper towels under it and blasted it with brake cleaner.  Not perfect, but it seems gone now.  I had drained the reservoirs, but should have tried to drain the lines.  Not sure it would have pulled fluid out of the unit. Live and learn.Bleeding afterwards was no more difficult than before - however, you need a lot more fluid.  I used two of the small containers. I bought the rear hugger for two reasons - I live on a dirt road and was constantly shocked by the amount of debris flung onto the rear shock and on my last road trip it rained three times and I got a lot of spray and muck on the saddlebags.  Reviews said it should help with both.  The description of the hugger is wrong.  It is nearly twice as long as the stock piece, not 30%.
Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675