What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Installed my heated grips today. I decided to install the 4" piece of shrink tubing on the left grip based on the suggestion of someone on this forum (forgot who, but great tip. Thanks!)Job went smooth except when it is 45F in the garage and all you have is a hair dryer it takes a freaky long time to get heat shrink to shrink.
Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and sunny - sounds like the perfect chance to test them out.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Installed my heated grips today. I decided to install the 4" piece of shrink tubing on the left grip based on the suggestion of someone on this forum (forgot who, but great tip. Thanks!)Job went smooth except when it is 45F in the garage and all you have is a hair dryer it takes a freaky long time to get heat shrink to shrink. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and sunny - sounds like the perfect chance to test them out.

You're gonna love em! Don't forget to program the 3 presets to a value of 1-10. I have mine on 2-3-5, I think. Works for me down to 40f.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
With my holiday time off, i've continued farkling my FJ. Dialed in my Nitron shock upgrade, wow what a difference! Firm but plush as they say, no more jolts on hard edge bumps. Waiting on Andreani fork cartridges to complete suspension work.  
s7.JPG

Meanwhile, with Lewis's ( ULEWZ )help, flashed my ECU yesterday. Just did some basic things starting with removing the speed limiter. 8D Disabled AIS, set cooling fan cutoff points lower ( 210/200 rather than factory 224/215 ), and played with engine braking settings. Left the fueling alone for now, as I ride in STD mode which always felt fine to me...

Today I installed a Pyramid Fender extender. It comes with little plastic "push rivets" now, instead of just double sided tape. You do have to drill some holes for the rivets, but it's really solid now.

fender1.JPG

Looks good, and will keep a lot of crap off my radiator. You listening wessie?

fender2.JPG

Next up, I installed some ebay aftermarket lighted mirrors.

mirror1.JPG

I wired them to my turn signals. Not only are the backs of the mirrors lighted, but the front is too under the glass.

mirror2.JPG

Most visible at night, it looks cool with the arrow shaped pattern. And totally invisible when off , neat!

mirror5.JPG

mirror4.JPG

A little wider than stock so I can see better around my shoulders, the only thing I can nit-pick is that the mounting stem is a little shorter slightly blocking the menu selector rocker switch. No biggie.

Last thing today is a USB cigarette lighter adapter.

usb1.JPG

It reads out voltage, and amps drawn when you plug something in.

usb.JPGusb2.JPG

My Garmin pulls .3 Amps it appears.

usb4.JPG

USB voltmeter bought here: link

Mirrors here: link
Says Ducati in the title, but comes with Yamaha reverse thread adapters. Note: These are clear lenses for max brightness, also made in smoke.

Ty

Thanks Ty, Mirrors have my thinking, running lights also? I have the indicators on the hand guards but I was thinking of ditching the guards, Hummmm?
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Next up, I installed some ebay aftermarket lighted mirrors. 
I wired them to my turn signals. Not only are the backs of the mirrors lighted, but the front is too under the glass.

mirror2.JPG

Most visible at night, it looks cool with the arrow shaped pattern. And totally invisible when off , neat!

mirror5.JPG

A little wider than stock so I can see better around my shoulders, the only thing I can nit-pick is that the mounting stem is a little shorter slightly blocking the menu selector rocker switch. No biggie.

Mirrors here: link
Says Ducati in the title, but comes with Yamaha reverse thread adapters. Note: These are clear lenses for max brightness, also made in smoke.

Ty

Thanks Ty, Mirrors have my thinking, running lights also? I have the indicators on the hand guards but I was thinking of ditching the guards, Hummmm?
I originally wanted to do that, but then the running lights would light up the LED arrows all the time. I thought about wiring the front side separately, but the mirrors are sealed. So I just use them for turn signals, for now at least.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
Ok that would make sense, I didn't think about the arrows bring lit constantly. Thanks.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I installed a GPR V4 steering dampener this evening. Hopefully, I will get some dry roads to test it soon.
The nuts under the top triple clamp are a serious pain in the arse to get too. Hope I never had to access them again.
Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Mocking up the cage to get it ready for some mods with spacers and new tabs on skid plate to make it all fit. Aux lights will be mounted next to the top loop on this cage.
I had kris higdon paint it orange for me. akrapovic headers gave some fit tent issues though.
a282db5de6905779acad25ee1681abda.jpg

5fdaedd772bd9f09263e981b77f7a48d.jpg

58506094c8f14b34403723d809fab1b8.jpg

• Premium Member
(Finally) installed heated grips and wiring for my heated jacket. Have the grip levels at 3, 6, and 9, but I think I'll need to bump those down to 2, 5, and 8. Weird weather -- it was in the teens on Monday and over 60 degrees today. Moved handlebars 10 mm forward. Raised the forks from 1.6 mm (from the dealer) to 4.8 mm (close to 5 mm without going past). The bike might turn in a little faster, but it may be wishful thinking.

Trying my second attempt to install my Laminar Lip. The Lip is held by adhesives to the stock screen. The first time I installed it, it did great under 55 mph, but worked loose after about an hour at interstate speeds. This time I'm using some C-clamps and spring clamps to hold the lip to the windscreen for 24 hours to see if the adhesive "sets" better like the instructions say.

Riding around with no screen right now. Surprising how much smoother the air is under ~ 50 mph. Starts to get back (but never quite gets) to stock screen noise levels above 55 mph.

• Premium Member
Today I installed pyramid plastix front fender extender. It took about an hour. I had to remove the fender, 4 hex screws, then the brake line holders, clean, stick extender on with included foam tape, drill 4 mm (5/32) holes then install plastic rivits. There is a good video on Youtube. Then install fender. The wlole thing took about an hour.