What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Checked the throttle body sync for the first time at 5310 miles. All three were still matched from new. Did not need to adjust them.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Those are the bags that I will be going with. I really like soft bags and they don't break when you low side or drop the bike. And the reflection is an awesome safety feature. 

Givi soft bags. 0RS3Tx0.jpg

The rear peg brackets are the primary tie down points and rear grab handles removed so the bags can ride higher, avoiding rear tire rub. I ended up using black tape on contact points to avoid rub through on painted surfaces under rear seat. I have Givi Monokey E21, E360 set up but waiting for a better mount kit I guess. So these are working reasonably well. I like the nighttime reflective protection also and their lighter then a hard luggage system which is nice. I believe they're discontinued and might be getting a bit harder to find. I see Competition Accessories still lists them link, Givi SV201's but I think there were two sizes. I got the smaller ones and only had to expand them once so far. So plenty of room. Also added Kuryakyn link license plate attachment for helmet lock. There's always better, or soon will be, but the system has worked well for my needs.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I really *like* your backrest solution!!  I did something like that with an '83 GL-1100 Gold Wing.  Man, that bike could EAT up highway miles.  And, for such a big bike, I could hustle it thru the turns pretty smartly too.  Having a driver backrest is, IMHO, mandatory if you're serious about long daze in the saddle...

-CD-

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Do you need to install some hardware to keep the bags from rubbing om the tires?
No, Givi SV201 do not need additional hardware brackets. But I do recommend adjusting them up high. You can also use bungee's to pull the two carry
handles together and with the tops pulled towards each other, the
bottoms will never bounce in towards the tire. I carry a small tool
pouch on the passenger's seat between the two bags and the bungee also
holds this in place so it works out well for me. These aren't OEM so one should plan just a bit of tinkering, as with most soft bags, to get them the way you want. Four bungee cords supplied that I adjusted the length and ends on to fit how I wanted. They're on and off the bike in one or two minutes. Very simple.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Today I installed pyramid plastix front fender extender. It took about an hour. I had to remove the fender, 4 hex screws, then the brake line holders, clean, stick extender on with included foam tape, drill 4 mm (5/32) holes then install plastic rivits. There is a good video on Youtube. Then install fender. The wlole thing took about an hour.
 I don't know why in the hell motorcycle manufacturers don't put real fenders on (most Harley's and a few other bikes excepted) and let the squids just cut them back where they want or for hipsters remove them all together? I have had to add an extender to almost every bike, both front and rear on the FJ-09. FWIW I don't drill and screw/bolt to the fenders. I simply scuff sand both surfaces and clean with alcohol then supplement the adhesive strips with epoxy made for plastic clamping overnight, and have never had one come loose in the slightest.

Today I installed pyramid plastix front fender extender. It took about an hour. I had to remove the fender, 4 hex screws, then the brake line holders, clean, stick extender on with included foam tape, drill 4 mm (5/32) holes then install plastic rivits. There is a good video on Youtube. Then install fender. The wlole thing took about an hour.
 I don't know why in the hell motorcycle manufacturers don't put real fenders on (most Harley's and a few other bikes excepted) and let the squids just cut them back where they want or for hipsters remove them all together? I have had to add an extender to almost every bike, both front and rear on the FJ-09. FWIW I don't drill and screw/bolt to the fenders. I simply scuff sand both surfaces and clean with alcohol then supplement the adhesive strips with epoxy made for plastic clamping overnight, and have never had one come loose in the slightest.
Why did you take the fender off? I did it easily while on the bike. Just FYI for people considering doing this. Just don't drill too deep. lol.gif

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

For scuffing and cleaning the surfaces then using epoxy and clamping the fender has to come off. If drilling and using screws I guess work with it on the bike but it's only a few screws to remove the fender. You're right though don't drill into the tire. :-)

• Premium Member
Removed the hand guards and mirrors. Installed bar end mirrors and bar end sliders I saw on the FZ-09 forum
Good heavens, man!!! Pictures!!!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Added the Sw Motech Alu-Rack and remounted the front fender after gluing in a carbon fiber fender extender. You can also see the Spiegler steel braded lines - very stealthy in black. Cheers4288854.jpg

4288855.jpg

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675