Who has the most miles on the FJ so far?

Yep.  21,926 miles sitting in storage in Colorado.  Going to pick up mid Sept.  Minor damage.
sTyVyJi.jpg
  khu3tsy.jpg?1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Ken, I was sorry to hear about your little tumble - hope you are healing fast and well.

Only have about 6K Mi so far.

I picked up my FJ-09 a few months ago (Kept my FJR -still love that thing at over 100K mi). I haven't had a chance to ride ithe FJ-09 much yet, but I did ride it from Portland to SF and back on one of my monthly commutes for work. Loved it, so much lighter, very quick, invites rowdy behavior in the twisties and cruises along at... a proper speed. Having fun messing with it, up grading some things here and there. I even like the seat, but not until after I rode in in at about 1500/2000 mi. When new it was a bit challanging.

Unless the weather says ride the FJR with better weather protection, this will be my daily ride.

Hi guys just turned over 8,500 kms no problems in fact the more km I  do the smoother it seems to become just replaced the horrible D222 tyre with PR4 nice to have my old favourite back on board ,unfortunately the factory Dunlops do not inspire confidience IMHO bike already feels heaps better with the new tyre.
Have fitted a factory radiator guard and the second aux plug,Waiting for heated grips but here in New Zealand like else where there is a factory back log?
All in all very happy with the MT09 Tracer much more of an all round machine than other bike4 I have owned :D

Just coming up to 4,000 miles on mine, had a noisy timing chain last week for a couple of times so popped into my dealer for them to listen to it whilst I was passing on my way to Silverstone to watch Moto Gp and it was absolutely silent typical. New CCT on order ;)

Ken, I was sorry to hear about your little tumble - hope you are healing fast and well. 
Only have about 6K Mi so far.

I picked up my FJ-09 a few months ago (Kept my FJR -still love that thing at over 100K mi). I haven't had a chance to ride ithe FJ-09 much yet, but I did ride it from Portland to SF and back on one of my monthly commutes for work. Loved it, so much lighter, very quick, invites rowdy behavior in the twisties and cruises along at... a proper speed. Having fun messing with it, up grading some things here and there. I even like the seat, but not until after I rode in in at about 1500/2000 mi. When new it was a bit challanging.

Unless the weather says ride the FJR with better weather protection, this will be my daily ride.
We will need to do a Windy Ridge ride in the late spring next year.  I should be well healed and we can put them to their best use.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I've done around 11 300 miles since March, only problem I've experienced is with the chain - not sure the problem could be tight link ... will get the dealer to have a proper look this time, reported it them before but they didn't find anything - Might harp back to when it was too tight.

• Premium Member
Just cranked past 11,000 miles yesterday.

I used to think my 2009 Buell Ulysses was the "best bike I ever owned." Actually it was, at the time. It's just that this bike is better in so many ways. Lighter, handling is at least as good as the Buell's, it's faster accelerating, top end is about the same as the Buell's (now that I've had the ECU flashed), ABS, Traction Control, power modes, and a chain drive. And, of course this bike is still being made. I was hoping for EBR (Erik Buell Racing) to come up with an adventure model last year, but it turns out that I'm at least as happy as I ever was with the Ulysses, and Yamaha's still in business. Erik's had kind of a hard way to go, I guess...
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

Archived