2016 FJ-09 announced

• Premium Member
You are so right. Faster to depreciate. HEYO!!!! :D
Plus, the golf ball effect scientifically proves the matte is more aerodynamic.  I'm not going to say the matte is faster because I don't have to.  Science already did that for me.  Lol.
Race ya!  We'll see who hits the rev limiter first. ;) 
Besides, everyone knows redheads are hotter.  That's why my bike is named after Mary-Kate Danaher.  Also because if I named it after my wife I would have been a dead man; redheads are also temperamental.  Hmm.  Perhaps that's why my bike doesn't always start on the first try if it's not warm out.  Have to think about that.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Needless to say, I'll be picking up one of those. I'd be happier if we got the blue forks of the UK/Euro version, but I can deal with the gold ones.
Gold is best! 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Finally you are getting a deceant colour in the US: Race Blu 8-) .

But like root already mentioned ... I don't get why the US version is with gold and not with blue front forks . But hey … there is always spray paint ;) . I also noticed that US version of race blu is missing a Yamaha sticker on the silver plastic beside the seat. Maybe they are afraid that the drag from the stickers would produce incorrect CO2 values (rofl) .

But it is a shame why they canceled the red and grey one. I don’t particularly like the new shiny black.

US:[span id=transmark][/span]
img.jpg?id=30210&w=840
EU:
2015-Yamaha-MT09-Tracer-EU-Race-Blu-Studio-002.jpg

Finally you are getting a deceant colour in the US: Race Blu 8-) . 
What color Rim Tape do they put on Blue wheels in the UK? Any pics?

The blue rims are too pretty for the rim tape :) .

The only ones I have seen [span id=transmark][/span]so far on the web have white or viz yellow. I generally really like viz yellow color, but not this time. Maybe you could also try reflective silver.

yVYBkqI.jpg
1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One thing I noticed is the silver '16 has painted hand guards. I think it looks great so I pulled the hand guards off my red '15 and are having them painted.

That is what I'm ordering on Saturday! Unless I get done speeding on my test ride or I hate it.. but I can't see that happening!
Can't wait!
Let us know how you go :-)

Both local dealers here still have greys units on the floor,
one salesdude claimed Yamaha won't release the new colours till all the old stock was sold...

That is what I'm ordering on Saturday! Unless I get done speeding on my test ride or I hate it.. but I can't see that happening! Can't wait!
one salesdude claimed Yamaha won't release the new colours till all the old stock was sold...

He is full of shit mate, I had one dealer give prices on both.. he definitely didn't say I had to buy the earlier one.. just call his bluff he'll sell you whatever you want!

• Premium Member

He is full of shet mate, I had one dealer give prices on both.. he definitely didn't say I had to buy the earlier one.. just call his bluff he'll sell you whatever you want!
That's a line to try to get people to buy the model they have in stock now, rather than waiting.  Salesguys often tell those little white lies. 
Or it might not even be a lie if they are getting their stock on loan from Yamaha.  Some brands and dealers do that and it's a credit arrangement with limits on the credit.  If they are fully leveraged then they wouldn't be able to get new stuff from Yamaha until they clear some stock.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

No, science has proven that it will fly further through the air.

You are so right. Faster to depreciate. HEYO!!!! :D
Nice one.  Before I saw them in person, I liked the red better.  That all changed once I saw the matte grey in person.  Given the matte is more popular according to this thread I don't think I am alone in liking the matte more.  Plus, the golf ball effect scientifically proves the matte is more aerodynamic.  I'm not going to say the matte is faster because I don't have to.  Science already did that for me.  Lol.

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 1 month later...
That colour scheme looks poxy... I even like the red better than that, and I'm not a fan of red/maroon on bikes at all... I am so happy with my race blu colour scheme, (silver and blue) and very glad my forks aren't gold.. Don't live in Bankstown anymore so can't get away with that!

Archived