• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2016 FJ-09 announced

That is what I'm ordering on Saturday! Unless I get done speeding on my test ride or I hate it.. but I can't see that happening! Can't wait!
Let us know how you go :-) 
Both local dealers here still have greys units on the floor,
one salesdude claimed Yamaha won't release the new colours till all the old stock was sold...

There were two 2015's at my dealer, I said I wanted a Silver 2016 and they ordered one for me, It came in on the weekend (didn't get to see it as it's still in the crate hibernating until spring) He did say that he wouldn't budge on the price of a special order, just the one in stock. I did get free heated grips however.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red or matte gray (or graphite or whatever its called) was a tough choice for me but I chose red and am glad because its really grown on me.  I like the black and silver for 2016 but I don't think as much as red,  it gives the bike a splash of color that the others don't provide

• 1 month later...
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3803.jpg

A few farkles added.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2007 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - sold
2008 Kawasaki Versys - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2010 Yamaha Raider - sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - lemon back to dealer
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

The Yamaha dealer assured me that the 2016 FJ-09 would be the exact same bike, only the 2016 price would be higher [inflation I guess]. 
I wonder if that is true or not? O_o

I paid the same price as the 2015 bike. 
Aside from the different colours, I'm wondering if the ECU mapping has changed, been smoothed out.
My 2016 does not have any low speed jerkiness as was reported in the earlier models.

Anyone want a slow race ?

I also hear they may have changed the CCT to a new automatic one, but I don't know how to confirm this.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

• Premium Member
I also hear they may have changed the CCT to a new automatic one, but I don't know how to confirm this.
I hope this 2016 works out better for you. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thanks, somewhere on here is a thread on my 2015 nightmare. Frankly it was my first Yamaha with an issue.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

Has anyone else noticed that these bikes have NO manufacturer decals indicating it is a Yamaha. I don't think I've ever seen another brand new bike that didn't have the manufacturer's name on it somewhere. "Why yes, officer, this is a Suzuki, check my plate registration..." .

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
Has anyone else noticed that these bikes have NO manufacturer decals indicating it is a Yamaha. I don't think I've ever seen another brand new bike that didn't have the manufacturer's name on it somewhere. "Why yes, officer, this is a Suzuki, check my plate registration..." <g>. 

I did notice this when I bought mine. And I get a LOT of passers-by that ask "what is that"... Frankly, I rather like it. I like subtlety and hell, a lot of folks de-badge new bikes right off the showroom floor, so to me it's nice.

Those "in the know" immediately recognize the Yammer emblem on the cowling... 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Has anyone else noticed that these bikes have NO manufacturer decals indicating it is a Yamaha. I don't think I've ever seen another brand new bike that didn't have the manufacturer's name on it somewhere. "Why yes, officer, this is a Suzuki, check my plate registration..." <g>. 

I did notice this when I bought mine. And I get a LOT of passers-by that ask "what is that"... Frankly, I rather like it. I like subtlety and hell, a lot of folks de-badge new bikes right off the showroom floor, so to me it's nice. 
Those "in the know" immediately recognize the Yammer emblem on the cowling... 
I just tell them it is a music machine.  Music to my ears in all gears and 10,000 rpm, much better than 45 or 78.  See the manufacturers logo:  Tuning forks.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 3 weeks later...
A few farkles added.
Jeepinoutwest, can you confirm if the oil pan drain plug has been moved to the side from the bottom of the pan on the 2015? I've heard conflicting reports on this. I have a 2015 matte gray on hold but I'd rather have the 2016 is this problem has been fixed. Thanks in advance!

Archived