• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2016 FJ-09 announced

• Premium Member
That one shot I believe is their (optional accessory) touring screen.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the all 2015 colors (including race blue) better. Why they did blue wheels with gold forks is beyond me. The gloss black mixed with so much matte doesn't do it for me either. While the red was my least favorite of the 2015, at least the gloss red popped and gave it a reason for the gloss finish on those parts. The gloss black tries to pop, but fails because it's too similar to all the matte plastic. Granted, all this is just from seeing pictures and I've changed my mind in the past when I saw things in person.

• Premium Member
On Yamaha website today 
Black and silver are the color choices.  No mention of cruise control that I could see.

Happy with my red 2015.
Wow, you are right! So happy to have my 2015 Red since last December.  
Headed to Marlinton, WV for 4 days on a Fall Foliage tour. Should be an amazing weekend.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I really wanted the silver and blue (not available in the US), but I liked the blue forks, I knew something looked off about that one.  Glad I got the Matte grey now I suppose.

As far as the larger screen, i'm not seeing a larger windscreen or display, they both look the same as stock on the 2015 model to me.  

I like the paint scheme for the FJ-07 this year actually.

img.jpg?id=28544&w=840

As far as the classic yellow, originally I was never a fan, however I see some of the older bikes and it has grown on me a bit.  It seems fitting for classic Yamaha's, but I still say Yamaha is supposed to be blue.

• Premium Member
As far as the larger screen, i'm not seeing a larger windscreen or display, they both look the same as stock on the 2015 model to me.  

Some pics in the Yamaha gallery seem to show the touring screen and not our smaller stock screen

• Premium Member
Matte Grey FJ-09's are now worth more. It's the Collectors Edition.  
I guess the red ones are collectors editions as well, but like a "Aww, I couldn't find a grey one, I guess I'll get red" kinda deal.
The only problem with that theory is that the red ones are faster. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Lurker for a little bit here. Already decided on getting an FJ-09, but was holding out for 2016 hoping we'd get the silver/blue color scheme in the US.

Needless to say, I'll be picking up one of those. I'd be happier if we got the blue forks of the UK/Euro version, but I can deal with the gold ones.

For those who haven't visited the Yamaha site yet, here's the US's silver/blue.

img.jpg?id=30210&w=840

Matte Grey FJ-09's are now worth more. It's the Collectors Edition.  
I guess the red ones are collectors editions as well, but like a "Aww, I couldn't find a grey one, I guess I'll get red" kinda deal.

You are so right. Faster to depreciate. HEYO!!!! :D

You are so right. Faster to depreciate. HEYO!!!! :D
Nice one.  Before I saw them in person, I liked the red better.  That all changed once I saw the matte grey in person.  Given the matte is more popular according to this thread I don't think I am alone in liking the matte more.  Plus, the golf ball effect scientifically proves the matte is more aerodynamic.  I'm not going to say the matte is faster because I don't have to.  Science already did that for me.  Lol.

Archived