2015 fj-09 sidebag/topcase suggestions please

• Premium Member
Hey, what type of cover or seat cushion do you have in the pic? I've heard the seat comfort is one of the downsides to the 2015 fj09.  Any truth to that chatter?
It looks like an Alaska sheepskin - works for some. 
Yes, the seat is uncomfortable to some. Lots of options. I have just bought a Bagster - search for the thread which will be updated as miles get ridden.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I am also using the givi v35 side cases. Very impressed so far and I use them every day. It's great to stick my helmet in a side case when I go to Menards and fill the cases when I get out. I bought mine from a ebay seller at a good price and had in hand in 6 days from Italy to the Midwest.

• Premium Member
Does anyone know what racks are these?  :-/ I don't think they are Givi, Shad or Hepco&Becker

12079505_10153177465958091_5046113437859278504_n.jpg
Looks like the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Sidecarriers, linky 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Hey, what type of cover or seat cushion do you have in the pic? I've heard the seat comfort is one of the downsides to the 2015 fj09.  Any truth to that chatter?
Its a universal sheep skin cover. I wish I knew where it was from, but a buddy gave it to me. It adds a little, but not much comfort. Definitely better than nothing though.  
I don't really mind the seat, I've done 400 miles in one day, and it didn't really bother me for most of the ride. But everyones arss is different. Is an upgraded aftermarket seat in my future, of course. But not until I do a long trip and see how I fare. One thing I can say...this seat is IONS better than what was on my FZ09. That seat legitimately sucked.

Hey Paladin,

I just scored a pair of those V35 cases ($150!) and I was looking at mounts. It looks like the only option is the Giv PLXR2122 hard racks. Is this what you are using?

thanks!
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Doc, yes I am using those mounts. They fit great and if you are not using the side cases you can remove the brackets leaving only 4 small spools. I had to order them from Italy. You may be able to get them in the US now.

• Premium Member
Doc, yes I am using those mounts. They fit great and if you are not using the side cases you can remove the brackets leaving only 4 small spools. I had to order them from Italy. You may be able to get them in the US now.
If I'm following the conversation right and you're talking about the PLXR2122 then yes, you can get them in the US.  Revzilla has them, at least: 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-plxr2122-rapid-release-side-case-racks-yamaha-fj-09-2015?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=CJmD3ara-sgCFYeRHwodcg4OOQ

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Archived