Virginia

tehnoah

to Northern Virginia (suburbs of D.C.) where people don't really have time to ride.
Whoa whoa whoa, I ride, every single day! Only thing that ever stops me is snow or ice!  :D
hehe okay yeah that wasn't fair, let me re-phrase that; In my experience from when I lived in NoVA, I didn't have time to ride! (rofl)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Added 328 miles to the odometer today, RIC to Waynesboro, the rode the BRP down to Otter Lake & back in US-60. (60 has GOT to be the dullest 2 hours of my life, I swear)

Great day, good ride. I'll try to get some pics uploaded later.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 3 weeks later...
A quick fun loop for you guys in NOVA - Rode out to Front Royal, linked up with a buddy there (Custom HD 103 Police Special) then went to Exit 13, and added a rider (Triumph 1050 triple) to the group. ROUTE: Head for the BRP, but stay to the right and take 340 to 675/678 down to Luray - Lunch - Back out 211 east from Luray to Warrenton, then reenter suburbia and take 15/29 north to 66. This cut my time on 66. There's paving work on 211 on the east side of the ridge, so you may have to wait 10 minutes or so. Fun ride - lots of twisties and long sweepers. Didn't check the odometer trambo, but I think 225 round trip from right near 495.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

A quick fun loop for you guys in NOVA - Rode out to Front Royal, linked up with a buddy there (Custom HD 103 Police Special) then went to Exit 13, and added a rider (Triumph 1050 triple) to the group. ROUTE: Head for the BRP, but stay to the right and take 340 to 675/678 down to Luray - Lunch - Back out 211 east from Luray to Warrenton, then reenter suburbia and take 15/29 north to 66. This cut my time on 66. There's paving work on 211 on the east side of the ridge, so you may have to wait 10 minutes or so. Fun ride - lots of twisties and long sweepers. Didn't check the odometer trambo, but I think 225 round trip from right near 495.
Good call Bobdog, I took the Luray-Warrenton roads this weekend too, except i was in the car, not the bike, and thought the same thing, great roads!  
Saw a bunch of bikes, especially ADV and Sport Touring, no FJ's though I would have obviously noticed!

"Good call Bobdog, I took the Luray-Warrenton roads this weekend too, except I was in the car, not the bike, and thought the same thing, great roads!

Saw a bunch of bikes, especially ADV and Sport Touring, no FJ's though I would have obviously noticed!"

THAT'S BECAUSE MINE'S THE FASTER STEALTH GREY...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

"Good call Bobdog, I took the Luray-Warrenton roads this weekend too, except I was in the car, not the bike, and thought the same thing, great roads!  
Saw a bunch of bikes, especially ADV and Sport Touring, no FJ's though I would have obviously noticed!"

"Stealth grey" you say... (rofl)  
2rppb3b.jpg

• Premium Member

"Stealth grey" you say... (rofl)  
2rppb3b.jpg

So you're immune to radar? :^)

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Premium Member
Rode to work today. Little wet this morning but with the supposed 70 degrees today I couldn't resist. Anyone else?
If mine weren't sitting 50% disassembled in the garage, minus forks and ECU, I probably would have ridden. It's still 70 outside at 8:30pm!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
That was crazy. We lost power for half the day Friday.

Here's an interesting article: http://www.richmond.com/weather/friday-s-nor-easter-entered-the-ranks-of-va-s/article_297db5e3-3d93-52f2-9d2d-6047ef5ac570.html

• 1 year later...