Headlight Covers

suncoaster

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Are the clear ones the only ones that are street legal? I just like the thought of tearing down the highway with a green tint on mine.
depends on your local jurisdiction - in the UK, the only alternative colour that is allowed for headlamps is yellow.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Don't like the Velcro attached ones at all, waaaay too fugly. The 1st ones linked look far better, IMHO...

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
Are the clear ones the only ones that are street legal? I just like the thought of tearing down the highway with a green tint on mine.
depends on your local jurisdiction - in the UK, the only alternative colour that is allowed for headlamps is yellow.
Remember when the French cars all had yellow headlights? I saw a Renault 16 recently.

• Premium Member
Remember when the French cars all had yellow headlights? I saw a Renault 16 recently.
yes, that was what I was recalling about yellow being legal - I remember helping my brother in law paint the headlamps on his Sherpa minibus before a road trip to the Dordogne in the 1970s (I didn't go as I was only 13 or so). The yellow stain used a very volatile solvent that made me quite high :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

American Racing Graphics makes the film type. They are 75% perforations but were not legal for inspection - "no colored film or paint may be applied in front of headlights" so I peeled them off, then put them right back on. They are cheap (USD 13) chip/stone protection. And I do remember France's all yellow headlight law, but wasn't huffing at age 13...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Do you feel it is really necessary to buy a headlight cover? I haven't yet purchased my new bike but when I do I want to make sure it is equipped with all I need.  I'm just not sure a headlight cover is a necessity. Years ago when I bought my first bike in 1976 they didn't have all the accessories they have to day. If this is important then I want to make sure I buy a good one for my new bike. 

I always buy 3 things for every bike i have 1,front fender extender stops radiator damage,2 tank protector prevents scrathing from zips etc and 3 lens covers cost about £19 here in uk as in the last 20 yrs i have had damage to the headlights,the last time i was minding my own bussness on the motorway M4 when a white van passed me and the passenger threw out a empty coke can which hit the off side headlight on my Cbr1000 cracking the lens which cost me £600 to replace !!!!, so i always see £20 a big saving

Archived