Sargent Seat for FJ-09

No I don't think so.. but really it's a very subjective thing. If you get it and are unhappy with it, Sargent will swap out the covers free of charge... atleast they did for me.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I don't think so.. but really it's a very subjective thing. If you get it and are unhappy with it, Sargent will swap out the covers free of charge... atleast they did for me.
Fair enough. I'll probably just order that configuration and be done with it, but one last question  eyesroll.png

I see "regular height" listed for the seat. I didn't know they offer different height seats or are they just pointing out that they just offer the one height option which is standard height (actually ever so slightly lower than stock, about 0.3" iirc).
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Fair enough. I'll probably just order that configuration and be done with it, but one last question  eyesroll.png 
I see "regular height" listed for the seat. I didn't know they offer different height seats or are they just pointing out that they just offer the one height option which is standard height (actually ever so slightly lower than stock, about 0.3" iirc).
From what I can tell it's just comparing the seat heights in both positions. The Sargent sits slightly lower than oem

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Sargent seat owners. 
Do most people notice that the Sargent seat results in a slightly (0.3") lower seat height as advertised? I find the idea of a wider seat is ok but hope it doesn't affect leg reach, effectively offsetting any reduction in seat height.

I want a better seat than stock and I also would like better reach for flat footing. I hope that the Sargent seat will be more comfortable than stock and also reduce my need to lower the bike. If I still need to lower the bike it's ok too, just wondering what folks think.

Do you prefer the slippery or grippy surface more? I don't want heat. What are my options for the rider seat to start with?
I originally went with the "carbon FX" but it was too slick for me and I sent it back to get the cover with more grip (performance plus, I think DTX material). 
As far as the width.. it's really only wider toward the back of the seat. I definitely feel like it's lower than stock even with the width... also if you slide forward on the seat when at a stop to get your feet down, the front portion of the seat is just as narrow as stock.

I'm slightly above 6' with my boots on and can flat foot the FJ, having said that, 90% of the time I only put 1 leg down and lean the bike slightly when stopped. The seat height is more of a factor if your sitting on the bike and trying to walk it back, but there again I think the Sargent feels lower than stock.

I hope this helps.
Gotcha. 

So did you go with the Performance Plus with the DTX ...AND the grip zones? I am trying to decide between the Carbon FX, or the DTX cover with or without the grippy inserts. No piping for me. I have to decide today if I want to have any hope of it arriving in time for an important 3 day ride I have on June 8-10.

Thanks again for all your feedback smiley.png

2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

@morkys I have the performance plus cover (DTX with grip zones) and no welt. The grip zones aren't necessary but when I sent the seat back to be recovered with DTX that's what they put on it.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Ok cool. I hope you like the grip zones then. Are they noticable, are you glad you got them?

Anybody else have feedback on the material choice? I am choosing between the Carbon FX and the Plus or, the DTX material like the Plus, but without the grip zones (they said they could custom design one like that for me and it would be $10-$20 less than the normal Plus).

So any others with seat material feedback? Which did you choose? Was it slippery? Grippy? Too grippy? You pants bunch up? Any other thoughts?

Hoping to order a seat in the next few days smiley.png

Just got off the phone with Sargent. I ordered a Standard World Performance Seat 2 peice with DTX material and no grip zones. No welt. Black. Kept the tag. Hoping to get it delivered here in Toronto Canada before a 3 day trip starting June 8 th. Wish me luck cool.png

Thanks for all the feedback folks smiley.png

P.S. Still open to buying any spare front seats people may have so I can muck around and make a custom spare seat, especially useful in case the Sargent does not arrive in time.

Just got off the phone with Sargent. I ordered a Standard World Performance Seat 2 peice with DTX material and no grip zones. No welt. Black. Kept the tag. Hoping to get it delivered here in Toronto Canada before a 3 day trip starting June 8 th. Wish me luck cool.png 
Thanks for all the feedback folks smiley.png

P.S. Still open to buying any spare front seats people may have so I can muck around and make a custom spare seat, especially useful in case the Sargent does not arrive in time.
Hi....also looking at same seat.  Live in London Ontario, do you mind me asking what you paid in Can $$ all in?  Thx in advance.

$549.95 USD for the set shipped to me. I should ask about any discounts, does anybody know if there are any floating around the web or have there been recent discounts? Anyhow... They won't charge me until the seat ships.

• 2 months later...
Received my Sargent seat today. I am pleased with the extra width, lower profile and firmness. The seat has pushed me back a little and I can feel a longer reach to the handlebars., not much to cause discomfort but it is noticeable. I would recommend this seat to all looking for a aftermarket and comfortable seat. The total price paid was $248.00 as they had a special offer and I only purchased the front seat.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the comfort of the Sargent seat but I don't like the width. It is too wide and I find this is what makes the seat feel higher. I would prefer to have the seat narrowed. Not sure if they will do that. I will inquire.

Archived