Sargent Seat for FJ-09

Re: Sargent seat. Std. unit, nothing special. Just thought I would update how it faired after a couple 500 mile days. Hardly noticed it was there, just a couple time each day, but by moving a little to the rear and releaving the pressure, it went away and all was good. Good seat.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Received my Sargent seat a few days ago after returning it to have the covers swapped out from the Carbon FX to the DTX material (World Sport Plus).

As mentioned the Carbon FX is slippery, so I took Sargent up on the offer to swap out to the DTX material.
Just installed it tonight so no real seat time on it yet.

FJ09_Sargent_DTX_seat_3.jpg

@piotrek love mine.. I went through the same process as @xcsp .. ordered the CarbonFX but sent it back because it was too slick. been great ever since. about 8k miles on the seat now with several 300-400 mile days. best in the low position IMO

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Re: Sargent seat. Std. unit, nothing special. Just thought I would update how it faired after a couple 500 mile days. Hardly noticed it was there, just a couple time each day, but by moving a little to the rear and releaving the pressure, it went away and all was good. Good seat.
Is it generally lower than stock, or about the same?

I ordered my seat yesterday. Wish I had seen this thread before. Wait he said three week on delivery so I'll call and change material. ? BTW Dane at Sargent said it's 3/10 lower than stock seat.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• 3 weeks later...
Just trying to find an aussie destributor that responds :c
That is my experience too, did you get a response?
Seats for MT-09, my experiences.   I had a custom BAGSTER seat (beautifully made in France).   Costly at about $560 IIRC, but superbly made, attractively distinctive and super comfy.On another I had a SEAT CONCEPTs (ex USA) seat.   I now have another of these on order.
To enquire further in Oz (Sydney):   BAGSTER - Carlisle Tyres & Accessories.   They gave me super service.   SEAT CONCEPTS - Adventuremoto.
If cost is no consideration, Bagster is the way to go, but the SC product gave me considerably better comfort than the OE torture device at a moreaffordable price, IMHO and YMMV and etc!
[strong]PIX Below[/strong] - Bagster seat (top), SC seat (bottom).

P1020538r.jpg
P1010926r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

That is my experience too, did you get a response?
Seats for MT-09, my experiences.   I had a custom BAGSTER seat (beautifully made in France).   Costly at about $560 IIRC, but superbly made, attractively distinctive and super comfy.On another I had a SEAT CONCEPTs (ex USA) seat.   I now have another of these on order.
To enquire further in Oz (Sydney):   BAGSTER - Carlisle Tyres & Accessories.   They gave me super service.   SEAT CONCEPTS - Adventuremoto.
If cost is no consideration, Bagster is the way to go, but the SC product gave me considerably better comfort than the OE torture device at a moreaffordable price, IMHO and YMMV and etc!
[strong]PIX Below[/strong] - Bagster seat (top), SC seat (bottom).

P1020538r.jpg

P1010926r.jpg

More on seats.   This may be old news to some here, but I've just found out that SEAT CONCEPTS now has a [strong]Touring[/strong] version of their kit for our bike.   You can find it on their website, page 2 of the 2016 Yamaha models range.   SKU 42-1310-20-1000.   Pricing seems to be comparable to their earlier kit.   From the description given and their pic it looks as if it may be the answer, so I have ordered one through the Oz distributor.   The proof is in the sitting, so here's hoping!   Minor moan - with all its resources, why oh why couldn't Yamaha have come up with this from the get-go?

P1030713r.jpg

P1030715r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 5 weeks later...
I don't have a push-forward issue with a stocker seat, but after the 9 hour ride (with a lunch and a few short breaks in between) I have a serious problem with the comfort. Thinking about the Sargent and Saddlemen options. Any additional comments appreciated. Thx

• Supporting Member
More on seats.   This may be old news to some here, but I've just found out that SEAT CONCEPTS now has a [strong]Touring[/strong] version of their kit for our bike.   You can find it on their website, page 2 of the 2016 Yamaha models range.   SKU 42-1310-20-1000.   Pricing seems to be comparable to their earlier kit.   From the description given and their pic it looks as if it may be the answer, so I have ordered one through the Oz distributor.   The proof is in the sitting, so here's hoping!   Minor moan - with all its resources, why oh why couldn't Yamaha have come up with this from the get-go? 
P1030713r.jpg

P1030715r.jpg

I just searched their website to purchase the Sport-Touring version, and it is no longer listed, only the standard version.   >:D   Hopefully it isn't discontinued. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

P1030713r.jpg

P1030715r.jpg

I just searched their website to purchase the Sport-Touring version, and it is no longer listed, only the standard version.   >:D   Hopefully it isn't discontinued.
It's confusing!   SC has recently upgraded (hah!) their website and things are not as they were.   The Touring seat as pictured above is mystifyingly (and mistakenly) described as for FJR bikes, on page 4 of the Yamaha section, but it's the same pictured in my original post and still available.   Latest pic below, taken just minutes ago.   At least, I desperately hope so (others above seem to agree) as I supposedly have one on its way from SC!   Maybe you can call or e-mail them to clarify, and post their response here to help others.   (Later edit) - I have just e-mailed Seat Concepts about this error). P1030818.jpg

Archived