Sargent Seat for FJ-09

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I installed mine today! The difference is significant even compared to my Seat Concepts setup which I liked!
IMG_0892.JPG
Also, the little bouncy play in the OEM seat is gone with the Sargent seat! It requires a more forceful push to engage the lock. When it's there, it's not moving at all! The Carbon FX matches the Seat Concepts rear very nicely.

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Thanks Clint, I was waiting to see if it fit better before ordering.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

I finally got some riding in with the new seat installed.. and I'm really liking it. It is a huge improvement over the stock seat. The added width, shape, and foam density disperse your weight so much more effectively. I like the finish of the Carbon FX, its not overly slippery, but I'm kinda thinking that if I were to order it again I would choose the "gripper" material. Overall, I am very pleased with the seat, and feel that it has made a drastic improvement in comfort.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I mounted my seat but it seems to wobble all over the place once mounted in high position? Anyone else's sergeant seat wobble around too much once installed? I can use washers under the rubber pads I think to fix.

• Premium Member
I mounted my seat but it seems to wobble all over the place once mounted in high position? Anyone else's sergeant seat wobble around too much once installed? I can use washers under the rubber pads I think to fix.
all 2 piece seats wobble, OE, Bagster, Sargent - sit on it, it does not wobble then!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I installed mine today! The difference is significant even compared to my Seat Concepts setup which I liked! 

Can you comment any more about why you decided on a new seat despite liking the Seat Concepts? 
I'm in the process of trying to figure out what seat I'm going to get.  I used FJ-09 showed up at a local dealer with the Seat Concepts seat installed and I checked it out.  It immediately felt better to me than the stock - but I didn't exactly get extended time in it.

Trying to figure out if I should just splurge for the Sargent out of the gate.

@stevesweetz I don't have any experience with the Seat Concepts seat, but I can say that the added width of the Sargent is what makes the biggest difference to me. The problem with seats is that they are SO subjective. There are people on here that can ride on the stock seat for hours without a problem. To me it was terrible for my back, legs, and butt... Judging from the reviews of the Seat Concepts, if you can start out on a Seat Concepts seat, that may be enough and there would be no need to spend the extra money.

People can give input which will help with your decision, but in the end, the only way for you to know what you are going to need is to go out and ride.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@duhs10 Of course, but getting more opinions doesn't hurt - especially when we have someone who has experience with both seats.

The biggest problem with the stock seat for me is pressure on my thighs from the sides of the seat. To that end the more rounded thigh area on the Seat Concepts seat is what was immediately noticeable as being more comfortable.  Sargent looks just as good in that respect, but I'd like know if there anything else that makes it better than the SC other than the additional wideness.

@duhs10 Of course, but getting more opinions doesn't hurt. 
The biggest problem with the stock seat for me is pressure on my thighs from the sides of the seat. To that end the more rounded thigh area on the Seat Concepts seat is what was immediately noticeable as being more comfortable.

I agree that opinions help. I wasn't saying that they wouldn't. I was just saying that the comfort level of a seat is very subjective.
That being said, the general consensus on the Seat Concepts Seat is that it is an improvement over stock. If you are 100% convinced that you are purchasing a FJ-09 and have the opportunity to buy one with a Seat Concepts Seat already installed I would definitely consider that (unless you wanted a brand new bike).

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member

Can you comment any more about why you decided on a new seat despite liking the Seat Concepts? 
I'm in the process of trying to figure out what seat I'm going to get.  I used FJ-09 showed up at a local dealer with the Seat Concepts seat installed and I checked it out.  It immediately felt better to me than the stock - but I didn't exactly get extended time in it.

Trying to figure out if I should just splurge for the Sargent out of the gate.
Sure, the Sargent seat does a better job of keeping me from sliding forward. It's lower and wider towards the back than the Seat Concepts product. When it comes to OEM, Seat Concepts and Sargent...it's kind of a Good, Better, Best scenario. At $270 for the front only, it was a reasonable purchase given the improvements and it matches the design of the Seat Concepts rear cover almost perfectly.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

@duhs10 Of course, but getting more opinions doesn't hurt - especially when we have someone who has experience with both seats. 
The biggest problem with the stock seat for me is pressure on my thighs from the sides of the seat. To that end the more rounded thigh area on the Seat Concepts seat is what was immediately noticeable as being more comfortable.  Sargent looks just as good in that respect, but I'd like know if there anything else that makes it better than the SC other than the additional wideness.

I'm not on their payroll, but do highly recommend the BAGSTER product.   There's a Thread here.   IMHO, light years in advance of the OE unit, and better - though maybe not by a great amount - than the SC product, which I have also owned.   But as often repeated here, this is an extremely personal, highly subjective choice.   One man's seat is another man's poison! 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived