Sargent Seat for FJ-09

Ordered the standard seat, front only on Sunday. I just got the processing email back, it looks like they threw in a free Sargent hat to go with the seat :). Also, the email states the world sport performance seats have a 2-3 week fulfillment time. Keep that in mind if you are ordering for a trip!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for looks - I just ordered one topstitched "without welts" typically this is a more durable and easier to clean cover.
I'll probably get top stitch instead of welts too, although that seems available only with the more expensive (+ $30) Plus version.
Nope, guy at Sargent said standard seat is also available with top stitch instead of welts. I ordered the Plus (yes a 2 - 3 week wait) because I ride in an Aerostich Roadcrafter which is a bit slippy on regular seats. Sargent dude said both regular and Plus are high quality marine grade material, but the Plus is stickier.
Discount codes are in effect until Sunday May 8.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Just ordered mine.. Went with the regular World Performance with carbon FX and no welts.

@kiwicanuck Bob at Sargent said that the seats are identical except for the surface on the plus has more grip.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Got mine today.

Very nicely made, as I expect from Sargent. A couple of pics comparing the Sargent seat bases to the stockers:

Sargent%201.JPG

Sargent%202.JPG

And installed.  It is firmer than the Seat Concepts seat it is replacing.  I've not ridden anywhere on it yet, so I can't give an opinion in that regard.  It is a very nicely made set.

Sargent%203.JPG

Just ordered mine.. Went with the regular World Performance with carbon FX and no welts. 
@kiwicanuck Bob at Sargent said that the seats are identical except for the surface on the plus has more grip.
Thanks for the update @duhs10. I will order mine tonight. 

• Premium Member
Any update @builderbob after spending a couple days with it? Did you have any chance to get a ride or two in?
Unfortunately, no. 
I was going to try it out today on a ride to one of our more distant properties for work, but it turned out that they needed me to bring some things that wouldn't fit in the top case, so I had to take the truck.  Bummer.

Realistically, with my garage build project taking most of my free time, I don't know when I'll be able to give it a good test.

Good thing for you guys my seat arrives Saturday. The weather looks good so I may end up taking half the day on Monday to take a long ride. I should be able to write something up then.
looking forward to it. Thanks!

Archived