Fuel range rant

• Premium Member
Well, I never thought the roads around here were good, but I guess compared to you guys, I'm very lucky........

Mostly asphalt roads, with a few freeways that are concrete (although I tend to avoid freeways where possible)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Well, I never thought the roads around here were good, but I guess compared to you guys, I'm very lucky........ 
Mostly asphalt roads, with a few freeways that are concrete (although I tend to avoid freeways where possible)
Glad you realize it. :) I was lucky enough to spend 3 days in your beautiful city after an Alaskan cruise.
I didn't get far out of the city, but it seemed like with a bit of effort there would be plenty of nice riding nearby. Not to mention the weather. 72* and low humidity  :D
Compare that to "Flatistan" AKA South Florida. Day time temps in the 90's humidity around 70%-80%. Roads. Long, straight, and flat.
Not every driver is trying to kill you, but at the end of the day it sure feels like it.....
http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/americas-worst-drivers/2
Enjoy my friend.... :)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

i'm lucky to see 1500 miles on a set of tires.
What kind of riding and/or conditions are you riding in? I've got 4500 on my stock tires and they are no where near done yet. I'm not burning rubber every time I start, but I'm not nursing them either. Curious why a few of you are getting such poor wear on your tires.

95% of my riding is tight, twisty back roads. And I don't ride slow. :)

What kind of riding and/or conditions are you riding in? I've got 4500 on my stock tires and they are no where near done yet. I'm not burning rubber every time I start, but I'm not nursing them either. Curious why a few of you are getting such poor wear on your tires.
In that case, you probably wear out tires near edges, not the centre!  ::)
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
Not necessarily  

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

It ends up being pretty even, actually, all the way around. No flat spots.

• Premium Member
It ends up being pretty even, actually, all the way around. No flat spots.
Ok, if you ride like the guy in the video above  
"INSANE MOTORCYCLE DRIFTING ON CURVY STREETS!"

I can see why you only get 2K miles for a set of tires.......

Archived