FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
Ok, one more... the FJ resting comfortably, shortly after embarrassing a couple of kids on GSX-Rs. 
Never underestimate an old man on a well-sorted sport-touring bike.

c0a7bce5d6a5d397e685ea53ab48bd87.jpg

Too funny.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, texscottyd said:

@betoney & @micah2074 - I’m really jealous... enjoy your trips!

This got me thinking about one of my favorite motorcycle trips ever... way back in 1990, 25 year old me took off for a four week, 8,000+ mile trip from Houston out west through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona. In the days before cell phones, GPS, and the internet, my route planning strategy was simply to buy a state highway map at the first gas stop after crossing a state line, and searching for roads that looked interesting. I hit almost all of the roads that you’re still talking about now... absolutely spectacular!

Me and my trusty GS1150E, literally a half a lifetime ago, packed up and ready to head to the Rockies...

ee18b9ce3c518487b7d37802c1292b05.jpg

That was one seriously stellar piece of machinery, I had a GS1100E that I racked up 56,000 kms on without a single bit of drama, didn't burn any oil and could run really hard all day long day after day. Sure hope my FJ can live up to that bikes reputation.

• Supporting Member

Thanks @tinkerfreak!  Of all the bikes I’ve owned, that mighty GS is probably the one I miss the most.  It was a 1986 model, that sat quietly on the showroom floor amid all the hype of the new GSX-R 750/1100s, until I ended up buying it new in December 1987 as a college graduation gift to myself.  I put about 85k miles on it in six years, and never had any significant issues.  

The big air-cooled Suzukis had character... kind of a soul that I always bonded with.  The FJ is a great modern successor to the GS-E series, and I’m really enjoying mine.  

On December 30, 2018 at 3:13 PM, micah2074 said:

Montana is one of my most favorite places. Every part I’ve been to has made me happy. 

I saw your Lolo Pass photos recently. That's my track, friend. I make laps up and down highway 12 since I was like 20. Now I'm 42. I need to get better connected on this site so I can meet up with folks like you when you come to town. 

• Supporting Member
49 minutes ago, slinkydog said:

I saw your Lolo Pass photos recently. That's my track, friend. I make laps up and down highway 12 since I was like 20. Now I'm 42. 

Lolo Pass is hard to beat on a beautiful day, I have ridden it late spring, summer, early fall and it is outstanding every time. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, slinkydog said:

I saw your Lolo Pass photos recently. That's my track, friend. I make laps up and down highway 12 since I was like 20. Now I'm 42. I need to get better connected on this site so I can meet up with folks like you when you come to town. 

I’m headed back up there in 2020. I plan on checking out Glacier NP, northern Idaho, Washington, and some in Canada. 

Let’s go Brandon