Buying a 2015 fj-09 any advice?

Hey everyone I just joined up because I'm looking at buying a 2015 fj-09 with less than 4000 miles a couple of small modification (new bigger windshield, better brake light,and new shorty lever)and she's in great condition I've talked the guy down to $7300 US. Just curious if anyone has any advice or warnings I loved riding it and am worried I might be rushing into it because of that. Thanks for any help.

Hey everyone I just joined up because I'm looking at buying a 2015 fj-09 with less than 4000 miles a couple of small modification (new bigger windshield, better brake light,and new shorty lever)and she's in great condition I've talked the guy down to $7300 US. Just curious if anyone has any advice or warnings I loved riding it and am worried I might be rushing into it because of that. Thanks for any help.
Warning - Look out, it's addictive, you will not want to stop when you thought you were going to. And you will keep adding and subtracting from it to make it your wonder machine. 

• Premium Member
Advice: Buy it! 
Warning: The more you ride it, the more you'll like it.

• Premium Member
Don't know where your at but there's one listed in the bikes for sale section that's down here near Tampa. Guys asking 7,500 and it has a full set of bags and some other items installed and Its been listed for awhile so he may take an offer.
BLB

• Premium Member
Thanks to everyone's quick replies that makes me feel pretty confident about getting it. Looks like my minds made up can't wait to finalize it.
You won't regret it, the FJ-09 is a very fun bike, and does a lot of things well. Good luck hunting, and if you have any questions, just come and ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Best bike, in the world! There are of course sport bikes that are faster, cruisers that are more plush, touring bikes with more amenities, etc. You will hear that there are a few bikes that do all things well, this is the only one I know does all (street) things VERY well. The only reason I would trade my 2015 would be if I heard they were going to stop making FJ's and I would want to have the last model year so I could be sure that I would never be without. Do the right thing!

• Premium Member
Look around this forum and get your wallet ready. Lots of great ideas for add ons. My favorite and least expensive... Mirror Extenders. A must have IMHO....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Depends on what you want your riding experience to be and maybe some of where you want to ride. My experience is, it is my fav bike and I've had some R1200GS's, Mutlistradas, Hyperstrada etc. My first Yamaha and I really really like it.

• Premium Member
@pazzo , I bought the FJ-09 after riding both a (new) Hyper and a (previous-gen) Multi, and I've ridden my friend's GS.

I sort of feel like if I had both a Hyper and a Multi, then I would have the FJ covered. Hyper for town and tight twisties, Multi for everything else, and if one was in the shop I could use the other. 

But if I'm limiting it to one bike, the FJ is better overall than either the Multi or the Hyper. (And more fun and more reliable etc.)

(Not sure why I'm limiting it to one bike...)

If you have a moment, I'd be curious to hear your comparisons of Hyper and Multi and FJ!

Archived