An ECU flasher here in Phoenix

Came across this ad on local (Phoenix) Craigslist, I have contacted him via his Craigslist ad and he responded back, Dave @ 302-528-2054. His ad is as follows:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mpo/5932289993.html

"FZ09 ECU Flash (also FJ09) - $200"

"I am an FT-ECU authorized dealer, and have a very thoroughly developed flash for the FZ-09 and FJ-09 (different ECU's, same engine)... hundreds of hours spend developing with different exhaust configurations and wideband tuning systems, and also using the much of the XSR improved ignition timing strategy which was optimized/mapped on an eddy current dyno.

This ECU Flash will do the following:

1. Make the throttle response smooth with power off - power on transitions, especially noticeable if you [span]    [/span]ride with a passenger and also with 2014 ECU's
2. Eliminates full throttle restrictions in 5th / 6th gears
3. Eliminate speed restriction
4. Eliminates injector cutoff during deceleration
5. Remaps for proper AFR with sock exhaust, and a large number of aftermarket exhaust and baffle [span]    [/span]configurations (you tell me which exhaust and I will select the proper map)
6. Enable ECU based quickshifter
7. Eases engine braking slightly so it's not so abrupt
8. Smoother engine operation
9. Can start up in either A Mode or Standard mode
10. Corrects popping with aftermarket exhaust when decelerating

For the FZ09, I have a spare ECU that I can custom flash for you to try it, and if you like it keep it, if not, we'll reinstall your stock ECU (haven't had to reinstall one yet)

I will re-flash for no charge if you need to change anything (such as take the baffle out, or decide to start in A mode)"

• Premium Member
For those of you who know how does this differ from the other "flashers" (is that the right designation?) on this forum?

So far I don't think I need/want it done to my 2015 FJ-09. But that's how I felt about my 2012 Tenere for the 68,800 miles I owned it and the first 25,000 miles on my 2014 ES Tenere. But at 46,000 miles after a flash I'm very glad I had it done! ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

For those of you who know how does this differ from the other "flashers" (is that the right designation?) on this forum? 
So far I don't think I need/want it done to my 2015 FJ-09. But that's how I felt about my 2012 Tenere for the 68,800 miles I owned it and the first 25,000 miles on my 2014 ES Tenere. But at 46,000 miles after a flash I'm very glad I had it done! ?
Brick, I had my ECU reflashed by Ivan's Performance. He offers the same features as many of the other flashers. Why did I choose Ivan? I've had his products like jet kits, fuel cut eliminators, and Power Commander maps on several other bikes.  His work is solid. If you go to his website and read his tuning philosophy, it matches what I'm looking for.  My friend with a FZ09 required several flashes from another flasher to get his bike where he wanted.
With my FJ09, I was pretty happy with the stock ECU.  It was easily rideable and I wasn't too bothered by the annoying abruptness FZ09 owners complained about, but I'm always looking for improvement.  I wasn't disappointed.  I've only had a few short rides with the reflashed ECU, but the difference is quite noticeable.  You twist the throttle and the bike goes.  I didn't realize the hesitation that existed before the reflash is now gone.  In simple terms, I went from B, STD, and A modes to B, A, and A++ modes.

Well, the Flasher that is on this forum, @2wheeldynoworks supports this forum, offers us occasional discount's, and helps pays for this place so that we can even be here in the first place.

Nel's also is one of the top premium tuners in the country. He helps Flashtunes create the baseline tunes that all of these other tuners are using. I know, because I help them find their test bikes to R&D.

anybody can become a FTECU dealer and start flashing bikes, I mean anyone. But Nels has done so many FZ-09's, FJ-09's, FZ-07's and FZ-10's, he has custom tunes for different exhaust brands and even Yamaha dealers send ECU's and customers to him.

But above all, if yu enjoy this forum please at least consider the fine vendors hand picked by me, who support this forum. SEnd it in to Nels on Monday, get it back by Friday, maybe even sooner.

• Premium Member
Well, the Flasher that is on this forum, @2wheeldynoworks supports this forum, offers us occasional discount's, and helps pays for this place so that we can even be here in the first place.  
Nel's also is one of the top premium tuners in the country. He helps Flashtunes create the baseline tunes that all of these other tuners are using. I know, because I help them find their test bikes to R&D.

anybody can become a FTECU dealer and start flashing bikes, I mean anyone. But Nels has done so many FZ-09's, FJ-09's, FZ-07's and FZ-10's, he has custom tunes for different exhaust brands and even Yamaha dealers send ECU's and customers to him.

But above all, if yu enjoy this forum please at least consider the fine vendors hand picked by me, who support this forum. SEnd it in to Nels on Monday, get it back by Friday, maybe even sooner.
+1 - Awesome results from Nels! Best upgrade I've made on my bike! Support the forum and get it done right?
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Supporting Member
Nel's also is one of the top premium tuners in the country.  

But Nels has done so many FZ-09's, FJ-09's, FZ-07's and FZ-10's, he has custom tunes for different exhaust brands and even Yamaha dealers send ECU's and customers to him.

In addition to a great product, Nels customer support is second to none!  If you ever have questions or issues after the flash, he will do his best to come up with a solution. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I think we all understand that, and appreciate it.  There is however, significant value in having the service local to you.

From a fellow Arizonan... thanks to the OP for posting this! 

Archived