New expandable top case Shad SH58X

I found this a little while ago.. I really like the idea, but it's way too pricey.

If you add the optional back rest, it's $498 USD before shipping and you still have to buy the mounting brackets.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 1 month later...
I think I'm gonna do it, the givi trekker 46 I use now isn't big enough lol.
Let me know how you like it.. I'm really interested, but I need to know it's great before spending all the money.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 9 months later...
454: You never gave us a report on the
. I just ran across this post and was looking at it as an alternative. A bit pricey, but when it is at it's smallest size it look pretty good. In the winter, fall and spring, you tend to wear more clothes and need extra room to store when you remove them. This case looks perfect for that. Let us know how it is working out for you. TIA 
c17r160
c17r160c17r160Shad58_XTop_Case.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

454: You never gave us a report on the
. I just ran across this post and was looking at it as an alternative. A bit pricey, but when it is at it's smallest size it look pretty good. In the winter, fall and spring, you tend to wear more clothes and need extra room to store when you remove them. This case looks perfect for that. Let us know how it is working out for you. TIA 
c17r160
c17r160c17r160
Shad58_XTop_Case.jpg

So I love most everything about this box. Adjusting the sizes is very simple, but I keep in permanently in the biggest configuration. I have plenty of room for my gym bag and daily commuting bag.

It looks much better with the bike compare to the giving trekker 46 I had before. It's not quite built as rugged at the givi as there is enough flex to make the cover not line up if you pull to the side as you close it but it's easy enough to close.

As far as being rain tight, I have ridden in some average storms and everything has stayed dry. I definitely went through stronger down pours in the givi, so I can't say if it's as waterproof.

One thing I noticed is because I can put more stuff in it, when loaded up I can definitely feel it back there a lot more than the givi. I think it's a combination of having more space and the case hanging back further on the bike.

Overall I have zero regrets on this and preferring top cases over side cases, there is currently no other top case I'd rather have on the bike.

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the only picture I have of it installed on the bike.  Maybe when I take it out of winter storage I can snap some more.
img]<a href=https://s10.postimg.cc/axsrfb8ax/FB_IMG_1520846176043.jpg' alt='FB_IMG_1520846176043.jpg'>
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Archived