• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What jacket do you wear.

thetruck454

I currently have a Dainese Air Frame jacket. It's my only jacket and I use it for three season riding in New England, which is as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit​ up to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. My only complaints with it are the liner uses stupid snap and loops to attach it to the shell and with the liner in, it allows as much breathing as a plastic bag. dainese_air_frame_textile_jacket_black_black_zoom.jpg
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• Premium Member
Just bought a Rukka Chariklo - was on sale at FC Moto in Germany. This replaced another Rukka jacket that had mysteriously shrunk. Sold that for £100, bought new one for £330 including a top level back protector. It has a Goretex liner, zipped vents and a winter liner. Did a 2000 mile trip to South of France. Very good jacket, especially at that price.

For commuting I have 2x top quality but very worn Hein Gericke Cruise Goretex jackets. One has the winter liner in, one has the liner out. I just pick the one appropriate for the temperature.

I also have a barely used Sportex Apollo leather jacket that gets an occasional outing on sunny days. That jacket has done several trips around Europe back in the days when I wore only leather and good quality textiles were rare.

There's also the Keis heated waistcoat and a mesh jacket for use on summer tours to Italy.

Finally, last year I bought a Weise jacket, reduced from £150 to £60. This will probably take over as the commuter jacket once the Hein Gerickes finally fall apart. It's not comfortable enough for long trips.
  • Thumbsup 1
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I currently have a Dainese Air Frame jacket. It's my only jacket and I use it for three season riding in New England, which is as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit​ up to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. My only complaints with it are the liner uses stupid snap and loops to attach it to the shell and with the liner in, it allows as much breathing as a plastic bag. dainese_air_frame_textile_jacket_black_black_zoom.jpg

Where did yo get it? Did you find a good price that you would be willing to share so others can get one too?

For instance, I wear a KLIM APEX Jacket. You can get em at Revzilla here It's $799 and worth every penny. When the moment comes that I'm flying thru the air. it's the protective jacket that I want to be wearing. It's also the only true waterproof motorcycle jacket that I have ever owned, all others failed me in downpours. Not the Apex though.

klim_apex_jacket_detail.jpg

For hot 90 degree F plus days I'm about to order a Klim Apex Air jacket. Not quite as protective but still very sturdy . Revzilla Klim Apex Air

klim_apex_air_jacket_black_detail.jpg

Wearing Dainese D-Explorer Gore-Tex. So far very satisfied. Very adjustable with those vents...Tested from 27° C to some serious rain drive. 3e1560a948806eacce3075a2a588ee19.jpg

And for summer and only in city driving Dainese Air Flux
977100351841792a6d54439d1a7d5f25.jpg

Where did yo get it? Did you find a good price that you would be willing to share so others can get one too?  

I got it several years ago from a local dealer, but Revzilla has it on closeout now...here  linky  Might I add that I ride rain or shine, including downpours where the roads flood and I shouldn't be riding and this jacket does fine.  I think that's partially the jacket , but mostly my stubbornness. 8-)  

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Klim Latitude. Served me well this winter in multiple downpours, and a couple instances where opposing traffic hit the standing water I was crossing, giving me a pretty good pressure wash. Sleeves are a little short for a lanky guy like me, but with gauntlet gloves it doesn't really matter.

klim_latitude_jacket_black_detail.jpg

• Premium Member
Around town I wear a Bilt Blaze mesh jacket because it comes in tall sizes. Important when you have Orangutan arms.

bilt_blaze_mesh_jacket.jpg

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-blaze-jacket

Traveling I wear a FirstGear Rush jacket. It too comes in tall sizes. It's older 2012(?) has a lot on miles on it, is turning purple, but it's still waterproof, with the vents open it moves enough air to be comfortable while moving here in the southeast.

The Rush is a really good "bang for the buck"> I may buy another one in the future....

firstgear_rush_tex_jacket.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-rush-tex-jacket

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Wow you guys must not ride very much you jackets all look like new.
Not_the_fish.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I wear an Olympia Switchback 2 jacket. It's a mesh jacket with a very good removable, waterproof liner that can be worn inside or over the jacket.

olympia_switchback2_jacket_detail.jpg

Quality is very good overall (although not Klim level quality I suspect). I have worn it several times at 12C (54F) and it is toasty warm. Currently $239.99 at Revzilla:

www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-switchback-2-jacket

I am in Canada so I bought mine at Royal Distributing last year when they had a 30% off sale, but don't see it in their 2017 catalog anymore.

• Premium Member
I give upGuOyWyY.gif
Edited to satisfy your needs..... ::)