Brandon CC - Anyone else still using?

So i had heard there were some issues with this CC unit and I have been concerned but I have been successfully using it for a while now. Was just curious how many are still out there and if other people are having the same success.

Honestly, I friggen love it. I suspect I will right up until it dies on me :)

That being (jokingly, somewhat) said it really has made long trips so much easier. Last summer when me and some friends rode a couple thousand miles to Jasper, CA the stress it saved me on my wrist was priceless. I have ridden off-road on FS roads and some goat trails, through massive downpours and in freezing conditions without issue. 

So, anyone else?
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
So i had heard there were some issues with this CC unit and I have been concerned but I have been successfully using it for a while now. Was just curious how many are still out there and if other people are having the same success. 
... So, anyone else?
I don't use my cruise control often, but it works when I do.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

I use mine on most rides and it works great. My only issue is that if you want to bump the speed up or down with the set or resume button this features doesn't work well.  Other than that, this is a must have for me.  Very grateful to Cruizin for putting that program together.

@bobaintstoppin I use the up down all the time. A single press will usually bump up 1 mph. Sometimes it doesnt take on the first press but usually does. Not sure why yours isn't doing it right.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will ride this unit till it pukes on me. Hopefully not in the back-country  ???

but I feel confident I could remove it on a dirt goat track if needed  P-)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Yup, still using mine reliably. On my morning commute I don't get a chance to use it much, but on the 60 mile trip one way the other day, it worked great. Could rest my throttle hand. 
Are they not available anymore?

The Manufacturer "Brandon Distributing" went out of business suddenly last fall. They had the only USA license for the cruise control module that is made in Taiwan, who makes it for most auto manufacturers.

I looked into the possibility of getting the USA license, but they require way too many to be purchased each month. More than we could sell.

I expect Yamaha to put Cruise on the FJ-09 pretty soon and then we could probably by the unit from them.

Doc,  With mine, if I push the up button nothing really happens.  I wait a bit to confirm no result and push again.  After several repeats the bike will jump upon about 7 or 8 mph.  Rather than deal with this, I just cancel the cruze and reset the speed.  This works fine.  It's really not a big deal.

• Premium Member
I still use mine very reliably and love it. Used it extensively on a recent trip around NW Europe and have no issues. But remind me, if it craps out the bike won't work? I know there was debate here in the early days but can't remember the outcome. Perhaps Doc is right that it's a doddle to bypass but I must confess I'd need to be able to download the manual on my phone to reverse the install process!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Approximately 7000km's and loving it! I use it on every ride.

I do notice I also get the delay on the first push of the increase speed button, it sometimes takes a few seconds for it to
react and increase my speed 1 kmph. But that's the only thing I've noticed.

Archived