After lots of digging I pulled the trigger :)

skyllz

Going back to riding the pavement after a 10 years off-road hiatus.

Finally someone came up with a nice bike with great ergos for tall people(I'm 6'4") that looks good, performs well and does not break the bank!!!

I just put 100 miles on it today, gotta break it in :D

Now I got a few topics to catch up on, suspension and chain tension wise apparently!

Cheers
-Skyllz

• Supporting Member
4 things that most people consider "must do" modifications in order to improve an already stellar, yet not quite perfect bike.

1. ECU flash
2. Suspension
3. Wind screen
4. Seat

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Congratulations on the bike, Chain Tension spec in the manual is too tight, most of us use ~1 inch slack measure on the center stand. Suspension is highly personal, I had mine adjusted for me, but didn't replace any parts - others have replaced parts with good success.

Welcome on board, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.......

Congratulations on the bike, Chain Tension spec in the manual is too tight, most of us use ~1 inch slack measure on the center stand. Suspension is highly personal, I had mine adjusted for me, but didn't replace any parts - others have replaced parts with good success. 
Welcome on board, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.......
I kept trying to use the spec from the book and my chain tied itself in a knot. Put on a new DID gold chain and keeping the tension about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2". Had it on for about 2500 miles and it hasn't needed adjustment yet...  

Where are you ? The ECU flash is only needed in markets where the bike has been detuned to meet emissions regulations (USA).

EDIT: - you said "miles", you must be in the USA..   O_o
 Close enough, Canada, translation to miles is a habit I have when visiting US forums ;) 
Thanks for the welcome... my credit card is gonna suffer now :D

Archived