Perform recalls before picking up brand new bike from crate?

I am picking up a new 2017 FJ09 from a dealer on Sat Oct 14. Should I call the dealer and ask that they perform a check for recalls for this Canadian model before picking it up?
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Fair enough. Thanks for the info :)
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Any competent dealer should do that as part of the new-bike setup, you shouldn't have to call and remind them.
These (highlighted) are the key words, sadly not always fulfilled.   My new (in May) 2016 had the fork misaligned with the steering head so that when ridden in a straight line the bars were turned to the right!   And this was after I'd told him that his demo bike I'd test-ridden was similarly badly set-up!    

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I'm pretty sure its illegal for a dealer to sell you a bike with active recalls unless they are completed. Think about the liability Yamaha would have if they sold a bike and something went wrong.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Any competent dealer should do that as part of the new-bike setup, you shouldn't have to call and remind them.
Which is why you should ask and make sure - competent dealers are seemingly hard to find!

I checked with the dealer and let them know I was thinking about that part.

My FJ was perfect before the recall. I had the recall done and then my front end way drastically out of align. The handlebars were crooked when the bike was going straight. Wish I never had that recall done.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2007 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - sold
2008 Kawasaki Versys - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2010 Yamaha Raider - sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - lemon back to dealer
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

Archived